PDA

View Full Version : Bad day tuesday DVL

zipps
04-02-2010, 08:58 AM
A friend of mine came in from out of state so we went and got a one day fishing permit for him. A week ago i serviced my motor replacing the impeller and changing the oil. I flushed my motor for about 20 minutes. I still had the seal from Perris lake last year on my boat. Monday we packed our lunch got up early and headed to DVL. When i got there the line was down to the main road. Two young guys one with a flashlight hanging from his belt came up to do a well expected inspection of my boat. My transome was dry and so was the live well. The kid with the flashlight hanging looks in my live well and says he sees water, So i asked him to show me and he says "see that wet sand" I looked again and i had a few particles of sand but they were not wet. He then takes this flashlight and looks into my exhaust opening at the prop and says he sees water. I tried to explain that I flushed the motor a couple of days ago and serviced the impeller i lowererd the drive unit and no water came out. The kid tells me well your not coming in today. I once again tried to tell him what little water was from cleaning out the motor and he basically called me a liar. I know the importance of these inspections but this was totally out of line. these kids need some kind of training or need the retake what they got. The power and authority has really gone to their heads. my boat was clean and we never got to fish.

Danny300
04-02-2010, 09:07 AM
want some cheese & crackers with that

Pete Marino
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Clean andDRY means Clean and DRY...

I know it sucked to be turned around but a table spoon of water can infect the entire lake. They are just doing their jobs...
Again I can empithize with you that it sicked to be turned around but it is what it is..
If there was sand in your live well then it wasnt clean and if there was water in your prop then it wasnt dry...
Everybody knows that DVL is being very strict right now about the policy so it is crucial that the CLEAN AND DRY policy is followed completely.
Im not pileing on you or bashing you....Im just saying that you should have shop vacuumed the sand out of your livewell and also done the same to your prop area and maybe even used a blow drier on the inside of the prop.

Dont expect them to believe you when you tell them that you just flushed your engine for maintanence...They have heard that excuse from tons of people that lie about why moisture is in the prop area. Im NOT saying you were lying...Im just saying that other people lying about things has caused them to button down on the policy.

If you would have taken the necceisary actions and spent a 1/2 hour COMPLETELY drying out the boat and cleaning the specific areas then you would have passed inspection.

I hope that you were at least able to Salvage the day and fish Perris on Tuesday... That place has been WIDE OPEN!!!

Once again, Im not giving you a hard time Im just telling you what you can do for next time so you can fish DVL...

Pete

zipps
04-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I tried Perris it was closed. Anyhow I knew that some person with a one track mind would try and defend the inspectors in this case. I did vacuum my transome and livewell with my shop vac. The sand was small granules stuck to the plastic. I never thought of sucking water out of a pocket in my motor or blow drying it. My point is that the table spoon of fresh water from my garden hose inside my motor was not contaminated and neither was my boat. To take on the everybody is a liar policy is B/S. every outboard has some water in it. Whats next make u pull your head off the motor and look for moisture. More cheese and crackers boys.

sansou
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear about that Zipps.

Out of curiousity (and pardon if this thread jacks a bit), what happens if you show up when it's pouring rain during the inspection???? Seems to me that in Zipps' case, if he could have been given the option to spray a little bleach right in front of the inspectors he should have been allowed in (though not sure what to do about the water in the motor, other than starting the motor in front of the inspectors).

Danny300
04-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Boat Inspections

All boats must be inspected prior to arrival.
Due to the recent identification of Quagga Mussels in recreation waters in and around Southern California, the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is protecting DVL and Lake Skinner domestic water supplies by the following requirements:

Any vessel/vehicle entering the recreation areas are subject to inspection.
Any vessel found to have standing water in the boat regardless of the location will be restricted from the reservoir until the vessel owner can show proof the vessel has been cleaned based on the Department of Fish and Game recommendations for Quagga Mussel decontamination.
Any vessel determined to be a risk to the domestic water supply will be restricted from the facility for 24 hours and until the risk is eliminated by the vessel owner.
Who must be inspected?
All boats-power boats, fishing boats, sailboats, rowboats, kayaks, canoes and certain types of catamarans-and respective engines must pass inspection and be registered to be allowed on the lake.

For more information, please visit the boat requirements page on the Diamond Valley Lake website.

TopwaterTony
04-02-2010, 05:15 PM
At that point you have two options ... 1) head down to Skinner, you would have been welcomed right in, or 2) head home ... sure it sucks, but lets not get too agro over the fact that they are trying to keep those mussels out of the jewel regardless of whatever story you give them. I am sure they hear many.

zipps
04-02-2010, 07:23 PM
It was not a story it was the truth a big difference, some people can grasp that and some cant. At some point common sense sinks in. But you can bet next time i will be extra carefull knowing that the idiot inspectors cant figure out the truth.

Danny300
04-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Don't use them all at once

zipps
04-02-2010, 07:55 PM
You funny guy !!!!!

hook1fred
04-02-2010, 08:30 PM
dude you have no right to be bitter..... you screwed up, the rules are there for a reason and you think just because you gave him some excuse you should be allowed in..... oh sorry miss crabtree my dog ate my homework (not the first time they heard that crap). I have yet to be turned away from DVL cause I take the rules seriously and spend the time to make my boat CLEAN AND DRY and if they find moisture i'll accept it and not whine like a spoiled brat.

zipps
04-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Boy let this thread die now some of you idiots just dont get it, nothing was wrong or contaminated on my boat that morning but some people are just not smart enough to figure that out. Future inspectors for DVL

Danny300
04-02-2010, 08:50 PM
What you don't get is. Today is Friday, & your still crying over what happened on Tuesday. Get over it. If you don't to know the difference between wet & dry. I feel for your wife, I know the difference ask her she knows. :Finger:

hook1fred
04-02-2010, 08:55 PM
so your saying they should have let you in with a wet boat because you said it was OK....... man your lacking in common sense. Your obviously not very bright

zipps
04-02-2010, 09:16 PM
goodnight and good by to you two idiots

Danny300
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
don't forget your midol & your 21551 . Hurry up to bed too. Cause the old lady is expecting me.

oh....hopefully your boat sinks next time out you dumb arse

muskyman
04-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I will bring my boat out there if you want. I will fill it full of lake michigan water just to satisfy the MWD and keep everyone happy. Honestly, the crap you guys go through just to fish a body of water, when the inevitable is on the horizon.......jeez. How many bodies of water are already infected ? Want some gobies to go with them ? They make an awesome drop shot bite on the smallies and giant browns.

DarkShadow
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear about that Zipps.
Out of curiousity (and pardon if this thread jacks a bit), what happens if you show up when it's pouring rain during the inspection????

You make sure you have a quick thinking buddy riding shotgun that will jump in the covered rig while you're in line and do a pristine job of wiping every nook and cranny down again.

He then takes this flashlight and looks into my exhaust opening at the prop and says he sees water. I tried to explain that I flushed the motor a couple of days ago and serviced the impeller i lowererd the drive unit and no water came out. The kid tells me well your not coming in today. I once again tried to tell him what little water was from cleaning out the motor.

Logical progression goes:

1. Dude says he sees water. (Highlighted in blue above)

2. You admit to it by saying that the little water that was there was from cleaning the motor. (Highlighted in red)

3. The rule states "Any vessel found to have standing water in the boat regardless of the location will be restricted from the reservoir."

So I'm confused on why you are irked about not being let in when your boat did not pass inspection because it had water in it.

carpanglerdude
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
What you don't get is. Today is Friday, & your still crying over what happened on Tuesday. Get over it. If you don't to know the difference between wet & dry. I feel for your wife, I know the difference ask her she knows. :Finger:

Snaaaaaaaaaap!

WaterBound
04-03-2010, 08:31 AM
I will bring my boat out there if you want. I will fill it full of lake michigan water just to satisfy the MWD and keep everyone happy. Honestly, the crap you guys go through just to fish a body of water, when the inevitable is on the horizon.......jeez. How many bodies of water are already infected ? Want some gobies to go with them ? They make an awesome drop shot bite on the smallies and giant browns.

This guy hit it right on the NOSE. These STUPID inspections really HAVE NO biological chance of containing the mussels. These inspections are like many laws in California. They are political and hence change with the tide. They use the guise of protecting our waters without fully implementing any real solutions to the invasive species itself. I think more importantly though is that you don't run the lake and hence have to conform to the political powers regulating your entrance to the lake. Rather than being argumentative and hostile with the staff. You should try and make friends with them instead. Like anything in life nothing is really completely fair. And the guys on the inside have the advantage. Next time use an air compressor and make sure that thing is DRY. There are plenty of gas stations with air compressors on Florida. Just so you know the staff get to fish after hours for the stripers when they stock trout. Maybe if you make friends with the staff. You might get lucky and get to enjoy the striperfests after hours. In any case all my friends at DVL past and present have always been GREAT!

zipps
04-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Try to have an intelligent discussion and Rubidoux scum joins in !!!!!!!

Danny300
04-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Try to have an intelligent discussion and Rubidoux scum joins in !!!!!!!

So intelligent to cry 4 days now over not following rules. So intelligent, to think you don't have to follow them. So intelligent that crying on FNN is going to change that fact your boat was wet.

Is your name JON APOTHAKER???????? BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE SAME MENTALITY AS THAT IDIOT. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW THE RULES. OR SHOULD I SAY.....PLAY IT OFF THAT YOU DON'T. DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD BE GIVEN A PASS FOR BEING A RETARD.