PDA

View Full Version : Nph 4/1

SeaSick17
04-01-2010, 09:19 PM
SKUNK FEST!!!!!!! Well either I suck at fishing or the fish were on spring break. I walked the entire island for 4 hours and didn't get a single hit. I threw everything I had at them. Saw 2 other guys out there but they gave up after about 10 mins on one of the docks.

HESBROS
04-02-2010, 06:14 AM
What time of the day and what were the tidal conditions? IMO, the Island is a tough place to fish, even from boat!

DockRat
04-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Tess is starting up a NPH guide service called
'Basswoman Charters' for only $75 a hour.
Teach any man how to fish or your money back.

Just kidding. Could have been reel winding speed? Not close enough to the bottom?

What type/color line?
Good luck.
DR

fisherman from long beach
04-02-2010, 07:02 AM
work the d/s.gulp alive shad.dangle that guy in front of them,they cant resist.try it.

calico killer kevin
04-02-2010, 10:31 PM
The Island is just a tough place to fish. Docks are a bit too long and shallow IMO. For those that are really desperate to get the skunk off their backs, c-rig mussels with get you croakers at nearly every beach in the harbor.

BTW, how were the water conditions(clarity, temp, debris, etc)?

Jaysuuun
04-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Sorry to hear about the skunk. We tried fishing a short section of the island sometime last year and we had a difficult time getting a decent bite. What time did you get out there?

Iron Only
04-03-2010, 02:25 AM
I thought when all you guys were posting like jaysuun, Tess, hesbros you were fishing the island. Huh i posted last week got a few on the island but tough for sure. Obv I dont expect anyone to give their spots out but I'm assuming it's near the island that you guys fish.

HESBROS
04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I thought when all you guys were posting like jaysuun, Tess, hesbros you were fishing the island. Huh i posted last week got a few on the island but tough for sure. Obv I dont expect anyone to give their spots out but I'm assuming it's near the island that you guys fish.

LOL, as for me, not the island.........cant even see the island where I fish!

Iron Only
04-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I guess the island being where the ferris wheel is etc. you have to take the ferry over and so forth. I got ya I was on the other side as well.

smokehound
04-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Thats odd, normally i have better success on the island...

Then again, I'm not normally chucking lures there, usually just mussels and sandcrab.

Sorry to hear about the skunk. 4 hours is pretty hardcore!

Let me know the next time you decide to surf fish.

SeaSick17
04-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I fished right after high tide on the outgoing tide. Water was very clear when I started and by the time I was done, the water was dirty. I fished slow, med, and fast retrieve. On the bottom and drop a bit. I fished on the other side of the ferriswheel. Fished the sunday night before and got 2 spotties in an hour. I guess I need to get out and explore more. Tough to navigate the boat by myself, so I guess I need to get out on the tube more. I tried using gulp before and I have never had any luck using it. Thanks for the replies
George

SILVERADO SLAYER
04-03-2010, 09:02 PM
launched the tube for the past 2 nights only to see massive amounts of ( efflorescence) {sp?} in the water column ,

pulled the plug , went home

red tide will be present soon , i have never done well when the efflorescence was present

Wingnut
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
George, don't give up... you'll get on them soon enough. :Cool: