PDA

View Full Version : no fishing fishing report

sube1984
03-31-2010, 09:15 PM
so hey, my wife and i moved up to bishop up in december, so i have been able to hit the river quite often....i thought i would post some updates for everyone waiting for the opener. I drove up towards south lake today. the road is still closed at the town of Aspendell, however it was nicely plowed. but dont get too excited, it was 32 degrees, strong wind and snowing....i also thought i would post a couple pictures of the high flows...cant wait until the opener

retired96
04-01-2010, 07:24 AM
With the flows over 550 cfs the river is not worth fishing, I was up there 10 days ago and the fishing was terrible.

STEVE IN SOCAL
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Nice, Sube. We have a place in Independence...I would move there in a minute, but the wife says no way. I'm still working on her, though. Got any tips, tactics or techniques for convincing a reluctant spouse?
Were those pics above or below Bishop? If I venture away from the Independence area, I usually do PVR-south lake-convict. This year I hope to explore more of the Lower Owens.

sube1984
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
those shots of the river were north of w. line street. I moved here for a job, the wife isnt in love with the place, we moved from santa barbara to here, she misses the beach