PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 of Lopez Tubin'

BBfish
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Wasn't sure what the weather would do after it rained from 5:30 - 7:00 this morning but it ended up being a beautiful day... a little windy but nothing too intense...

Only one quality fish today 3 - 3.5 lbs... others were in the 12" range.

Same Rapala ... same location... same results...

Thanks for the ideas of putting more air in the tube... worked much much better

He looks really small here...

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk236/bbfish88/march%2019/march%2031/samefish3.jpg

same fish here

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk236/bbfish88/march%2019/march%2031/samefish.jpg

and here

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk236/bbfish88/march%2019/march%2031/15inch3pound.jpg

Later

BB

Fire Ball
03-31-2010, 04:33 PM
So you inflated it more this time? :LOL: Good.
Those are some nice looking bass. Is that a floating Rapala? I caught my 2nd LMB ever on a floating Rapala. It is a cool lure that is really easy to fish.

BBfish
03-31-2010, 06:11 PM
It is a countdown Rapala... I like those because then I can get it to just about any depth I want to

This was basically my 3rd day ever trying for LMB... Since they stopped planting trout at Lopez I needed a new species besides sunfish

I have a spinnerbaits, Rat-L-Traps, and several Rapalas... tried to dropshot plastics like I do with jigs for crappie... need to work on that some. Also Carolina rigged some plastics.... but I like cast and retrieve fishing better... not as slow as plastics.

BB

Fishbones
03-31-2010, 06:25 PM
It is a countdown Rapala... I like those because then I can get it to just about any depth I want to
BB

i like the countdowns because they cast farther then floating rapalas also

nice bass keep at it and wait for your first DD bass....priceless moments

Ray Lopez
04-03-2010, 11:46 AM
always wanted to go to Lopez lake for obvious reason lol

nice looking chunky bass.

just some advise tho for plastics on your tube. It's way easier to do plastics from a tube because you can cast out and just kick drift and bump the rob tip a few times as you are kicking to a spot. Drift fishing for bass on a drop shot plastic will pay off big time. Also it will save your arm from having to cast all day.

I like to drift a d/s robo with one pole and slow troll a glass shad rap while I'm on the hunt for bass. Plus if you come across a boiling bass you can quickly reel up the shad rap and cast out to the boil and typically catch it.

LuvThymetal
04-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I haven't heard of that lake, might have to go there now. Great job out there !

Ray Lopez
04-04-2010, 10:04 AM
I haven't heard of that lake, might have to go there now. Great job out there !

it's quite a haul up in central cali. But me and my lady have been talking about doing a camping trip up there one of these days. Now that i know i can take my tube there too i'm soooo down for it!!!!! Might try to check it out this summer.

LuvThymetal
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM
it's quite a haul up in central cali. But me and my lady have been talking about doing a camping trip up there one of these days. Now that i know i can take my tube there too i'm soooo down for it!!!!! Might try to check it out this summer.

Camping and fishing all day would be hella fun lol