PDA

View Full Version : Back to the old pond on 03/29/2010

Vman
03-31-2010, 03:55 PM
I haven't post a report for few years now, this one is just to give something back to the forum. The park lake will not be named but it's a puplic place that has seen crazy pressure year round. I have not fished this place much this season so I was a little excited to be fishing again.

Start out at around 7:00 pm and noticed maybe 3 other bass fisherman. At around 7:30, a super nice guy named Norm ( just meet him tonight ) hooked up with a 1.5 to 2 pound bass on a robot worm worked along the shoreline. Then at around 8:00, it was my turn. Felt a sharp take, but the bass was moving toward me, so I didn't feel his weight, but the line moved sideway. Set the hook on a stocky 1.5 pounder that was really pretty. A little boy around 6 or 7 years old came over and asked me why I threw him back. I tried my best to explain about catch n release, but I think he 's still not convinced.

The next hour was nonproductive for everyone. I spent a good part of it talking to Norm about his calico bass tournaments. We both came out to fish because of the full moon. Then Norm had to leave. Five minutes later around 9:00, I felt a little tap on my Zoom curly tail ( June Bug - 4 inches ) and the weight of the fish behind it. This fish was maybe 6 feet from shore, in about 3 feet of water. Set the hook on him and after a few feet, he jumped. This fish put up a good fight and bulldozed like a carp. My best guestimation is a little better than 5 pounds.

Ten minutes later, my buddy Jerry showed up and we fished for another hour. I caught one more, a real dinker that went water skiing on the hook set. The picture is of me with the 5 pounder taken by another fisherman.

bass assassin#23
03-31-2010, 04:08 PM
nice fish bra

LuvThymetal
04-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Nice catch yo

mudskipper76
04-01-2010, 05:49 PM
siiick! good fish! thanks for the info