PDA

View Full Version : Its flathead time - Palo Verde 1st run

bluehunter
03-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Made my first run to the blythe and palo Verde region. Did some scouting and had to fish new spots due to old spots being overgrown with vegetation. Will trim some areas down soon. Otherwise the flatheads are biting. Got 4 flats up to 13 pounds - not bad for a first run of the year. Picked up a 7 pound channel and also a 2 pound bass. Water level was super low so some scouting hrs was spend driving around. However I found a few decent spots to pick up some fish. Lost a giant to some snaggs that I could not get out. These flats go straight for the brush after they smash your bait. Missed 3 runs. Fish bit on tilapia with the exception of the two small ones and bass on Goldfish - big tilapia at that. The bite is on which is good news for the upcoming event. Vid coming soon on you tube channel. Heading back out soon.

Peaces!

B

Astrolux
03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
The water level is still low huh? When I was there last October it was lower than I had seen it in a long time, they better start puttin water back in that river. Great job out there Brian.

team760
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the report and pics. looks like the bite is heating up....looking forward to getting out there....T.

bluehunter
03-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanx fellas.

Just finished a short vid. I am trying to step my game up in the vid thing. Getting better but have more learning to do. LOL. This one is a try out I did just was messing around. Hope you like it. I will advance to better software soon. lol.

B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBE1xLt3okc

team760
03-31-2010, 04:27 PM
good video...BASS?????????????????????????????.....lol T>

bluehunter
03-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks T. LOL

To the bass peeps don't trip I was just clowning. Just don't like them messing with my catfish bait I almost ran out that night. LOl. Plastics and crankbaits its all good. As a matter of fact anyone willing to trade a bass and cat run holla at me, I been wanting to get on some nice bass. I will leave the cat gear at home, promise. LOL

scca
03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Looks like you had a nice trip !! But tell me this Brian............................ When can i get my cooler back dog ?? It's been like almost 2 years. You've been showing off all your fish on MY cooler. Can i get a filet or something. I'm not going to charge you a late fee cause i want you to go to the river. LOLLAMF. Nice job again.;0

bluehunter
03-31-2010, 08:14 PM
LOL. I still have your cooler and still have Tony's sweat pants. LOl. Your name is still on the cooler too. : ) That cooler has brought me some good luck in a way. : ) Holla at yall soon on the water.

Prowler_Tuber
03-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Nice kitties, great job!

MIKE Q
03-31-2010, 09:48 PM
BOMB video!:Applause: Bass??????:LOL:

blackberg
03-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Looks like you had a nice trip !! But tell me this Brian............................ When can i get my cooler back dog ?? It's been like almost 2 years. You've been showing off all your fish on MY cooler. Can i get a filet or something. I'm not going to charge you a late fee cause i want you to go to the river. LOLLAMF. Nice job again.;0

:ROFL:

dude, put some dry ice in it and a filet and UPS it off to him lol

-bb

goodguy
04-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Good work!

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
04-12-2010, 08:55 AM
HELLUVA funny video,
you go Brian!!!!

bluehunter
04-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Appreciate that my man. See ya this weekend.

B