PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe help

adriiiian
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
hey guys im not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but does any 1 have an idea of how good fishing is in lake tahoe because i plan on taking some family that are coming from a different country there and i want to know if it would be a nice place to take them fishing.your help is appreciated thanks guys

FISHINGBEE
03-30-2010, 11:10 PM
hey guys im not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but does any 1 have an idea of how good fishing is in lake tahoe because i plan on taking some family that are coming from a different country there and i want to know if it would be a nice place to take them fishing.your help is appreciated thanks guys Been there a few times way back. Most the fishing is done by a charter. Could be a littlle expensive. The Lake is huge is very deep. Clear lake but is not as clear as years past. The wind is a real ***** and can cause trouble. The two main species caught are the Makinaw trout Kokanee salmon. The Mackinaw is another name for a lake trout. These fish a trolled for a drifted at times. Minnows and Lake trout spoons do well. Down riggers to 100 to 300 ft deep are the rule. There are a few spots from shore for trout but a very difficult if not a regular.

FISHINGBEE

adriiiian
03-31-2010, 09:49 AM
thanks man i really appreciate it

Ricky-Ray
03-31-2010, 11:46 AM
I was just there about 2 weeks ago and I picked up some info on the fishing from their info center. If you want PM me your email address and I'll forward a copy to you.