PDA

View Full Version : Piru 3/28

Lucky Bassturd
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Fished 8:00AM - 2:30PM

First cast on a drop shot 1 1/2 -2 pounder. Fan cast the same area with drop shot for nada. Switch to a wacky rigged worm bam! Another fish maybe 2 1/2. Moved up on a point with a crank bait bam! This fish was super long but really skinner weighed three pounds should have weighed 5. My buddy hit two nice fish on the drop shot in on the same point. We saw plenty of shallow fish on nest all over the lake but the few we tried to fish appear to have been caught before, they were super sketchy. So we went back to our original point with the drop shot, I farmed a 2 1/2 -3 pounder off the back of the boat and had another big hit that ripped the worm off my rig and I some how managed not to hook it. Water temp was nice and warming 57 up to 61 dergrees.
I spoke to an older couple we saw fishing the lake and they said they fished during the week with much better results. They said the bite had literally gotten softer. Thursday they fished and said the bites were very strong. Food for thought.

LuvThymetal
03-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Looks like that drop shot set up is a killer !!!!!!

Lucky Bassturd
03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Yep, it sure can catch some fish.

BORONBASSMASTER
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey Lucky just to let you know Piru is adding water. But ia was there yesterday and caught 60+ on nothing but drop shot...

Lucky Bassturd
03-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Boron,
Thanks for the info. I wonder if all this water coming in is going to cool the water? You appear to be dialed into the fish. Keep up the good work. Did you feel like sharing if you were catching most of your fish on the East or West side of the lake? We saw fish on both, but caught all the fish on the west side.