PDA

View Full Version : Fat Skunk at Lopez

rusty6
03-30-2010, 11:38 AM
For the past week, people at work (tackle warehouse) kept talking about how the bite at santa margarita and lopez were starting to go off after having a couple weeks of nice weather. I thought to myself it was time to try out some bass fishing ( i really wouldn't call myself a bass fisherman). Regardless, I had this morning off from work and don't have any class until 2. Decided on Lopez because it is closer. Short story, weather sucked. Cloudy, drizzling on and off, with a light wind from the west. Threw everything I had at them (which isn't much). Senkos rig every way you can imagine, tried dropshotting some flukes and smaller worms, creatures, spinner baits...everything. I think the sudden change in weather pushed the fish off the beds because none of the fishermen out today reported seeing any bedding bass. Only one guy I saw caught any fish, a couple of 2 pounders he said he caught dropshotting an oxblood robo. Next time I hope.

BBfish
03-30-2010, 12:39 PM
What part of the lake did you fish?

rusty6
03-30-2010, 01:22 PM
from the second F dock to about a half mile north of there and then south of the marina to about the bridge