PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear 3/29

FSHNLIC
03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
The fishing has been so good at the Bear I decided to hit it up again yesterday.... It's Monday, there shouldn't be too many folks out, right? WRONG!!! Got to my spot in Fawnskin with my boys and PissOnMySpace only to see my spot was waaay over-crowded with no chance of wetting a line there.

Ended up at Boulder Bay... There were a few cruising and my older son hooked up on a good size rainbow only to break his line. Unfortunately that was the only bite in that area. Hit the other side where a much smaller creek enters the lake. To my surprise there were a bunch of spawners in that small stream. Unfortunately, there was someone trying to net them. After telling him that it was a thousand dollar fine, his car would be impounded, and the Game Warden was on his way he bailed. Fished the lake for a few with again, no takers...

We found our way back to Fawnskin and got to wet our lines. To my surprise the fish had a bad case of lock-jaw... they must of got HAMMERED over the weekend... We worked hard for about 12 fish between us. Again, all fish were 14-16 inches and were caught on crappie jigs and powerworms. Side note, got a chance to watch a bunch of spawners jump up the waterfall at Grout Creek... That's always a beautiful site!!!!

bblbasser
03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
nipple heads hammerin' grout creek? I've NEVER seen that before!!!!!!!!!!! Just wait till the CBC comes up the end of june. You think the bass fishery was tough...just wait. This lake needs some time.

diamondbear
03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
great catch , looks like you guys timed it just right as another cold front coming . GREAT REPORT , nice looking full tails . THANKS .

Fishbones
03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
thanks for the report, i fished it yestersday at the red house to the dam with no luck met two guys that had 3 between them two...
i will break the big bear skunk soon enuff...

CatchthatTrout
04-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Good job on those trout.
I love Big Bear!

So Boulder Bay is open again?
I was up there at the beggining of March and it was fenced.

adriiiian
04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
hey guys i have a question on big bear fishing.since i havent really fished it that much but when i did about a year ago, there was this spot loaded with them.im not sure if you guys will be able to name the spot by how i describe it but it was close to a small little bridge were cars past by and a small little creek led to it and there was a house witha private dock in front of it.to the right was like a big rock where you could stand.close to the marina were you could buy fishing goods.i was wondering if you guys knew that spot.thanks guys

Cameron
04-02-2010, 09:42 AM
I live up here & have seen some nice stringers round the lake.We have been trying to get the kids some hold over action with nothing but several lost fish to show,lol.We where at Boulder bay the other day teaching the kids to fish & how you dont leave stuff behind & pick it up if you see it there.My 7 year old son was 4 feet from me & had just picked up the bird nest of line when the Game warden reared his head up.I had my son's pole in hand but it was not in the water.Warden asks for my license ,I went into my trying to teach my kids to fish & he went off on a rant about how he saw me cast in the water,my kids have trouble with long leader.
Anyway my son was terrified & thought it was he fault since I had just told him "stay close so they know your fishing".Well the warden was kind enough to not ticket me for fishing with my kids.So I guess I need to take my broke unemployed butt & drop 80.00 I dont have to teach my kids to fish WTF.....
Nice fish you guys slayed up here in this odd weather,lol.Keep sharing the picks makes the skunk not as bad,lol.
OH YEAH EVERYONE,,,,,,,,The wardens are all over the lake & enforcing the 100ft from creek mouth right now.I have talked to several folks have been approached by the warden 3-4 times ina few hours.Glad to see em out there trying to ensure our fisheries.I hope everyone is ready for the spring bite...
Oh and that area is "boulder bay" great spot to fish.

Piss on Myspace
04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
nice brotha. it was good fishing with u and the crew. if you went on Sunday, i hope u left a few for me! Obviously i didn't go camping, damn weather, but if the "w" doesn't shows itself tomorrow, ill be up there for sure. early bird gets the good spot, but if not ill proly check out that smaller stream.
btw...what time is the game 2morow?

adriiiian
04-05-2010, 08:38 PM
I live up here & have seen some nice stringers round the lake.We have been trying to get the kids some hold over action with nothing but several lost fish to show,lol.We where at Boulder bay the other day teaching the kids to fish & how you dont leave stuff behind & pick it up if you see it there.My 7 year old son was 4 feet from me & had just picked up the bird nest of line when the Game warden reared his head up.I had my son's pole in hand but it was not in the water.Warden asks for my license ,I went into my trying to teach my kids to fish & he went off on a rant about how he saw me cast in the water,my kids have trouble with long leader.
Anyway my son was terrified & thought it was he fault since I had just told him "stay close so they know your fishing".Well the warden was kind enough to not ticket me for fishing with my kids.So I guess I need to take my broke unemployed butt & drop 80.00 I dont have to teach my kids to fish WTF.....
Nice fish you guys slayed up here in this odd weather,lol.Keep sharing the picks makes the skunk not as bad,lol.
OH YEAH EVERYONE,,,,,,,,The wardens are all over the lake & enforcing the 100ft from creek mouth right now.I have talked to several folks have been approached by the warden 3-4 times ina few hours.Glad to see em out there trying to ensure our fisheries.I hope everyone is ready for the spring bite...
Oh and that area is "boulder bay" great spot to fish.

thanks alot cameron.hope that spot stays good haent been there in a while.

Cameron
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Taken the kids fishing tomorrow if the weather permits.Snowed all day but never stuck to the ground crazy weather.If the kids hook up i'll try to post pics.

Frenchy
04-05-2010, 10:53 PM
wait is that what a real trout looks like w a tail havent caught one that had one of those brooms on if end in quite some time