PDA

View Full Version : The Vine 3/29- limits 2-4lbrs

kewlwhip
03-30-2010, 02:07 AM
Got to the Vine by 12pm-as i just finished an early shift, and one of my best friends Jacob was already there at the lake, and I asked if he had room-....

Lines in by 1pm- and we started the troll- Was a nice Monday as most of the weekend warriors (myself included) were not around- Saw some boats doing the troll thing as well- Metered the fish from 15-35' so we adjust our rods accordingly- One thing noticed when getting to the shoreline before the troll was the enourmous amounts of shad along the shoreline by the docks- could see the birds and bigger fish swooping in on the shad- was pretty cool to watch for a few minutes.

After doing the trolling deal and getting a few hits and 1 trout- we decided to pick a spot that Jacob had already picked and decided to bait down...Not more than 10 minutes on the bait, Jacob's rod goes BENDO- almost instantly! Then we knew we had made the right move..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz goes my clicker as my friend Jacob landed his clean steelhead- i told him, man we just found some "steelies"! These first 2 were 3.1 and 3.5lbs on the Berkley handi scale-and the rest that followed were all in that category with some lil heftier...The Bite went hot for a solid 2 hours- And we limited out by 3.30pm Went into the tackle to see David, and Marlon was there showing pics of he and his fathers Crappie outting- wholy moly- hopefully the photos they took at the end of the day shows size of their crappie and the solid stringer we had- We used nightcrawlers and PB combo's to do the deed- the Steelies were a great fight, and zinnged/zagged our 2-4lb test combo's- Also got to use my brand new Daiwa Spinmatic combo and Abu Garcia reel-

Til nextime!
Fish On-

kewly

TroutOnly
03-30-2010, 05:44 AM
wheres the pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hitts0n
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEWLY!!! HOW OLD ARE U NOW? WHERE'S YOUR REPORT FROM SUNDAY?
Where are the pics....lma00 ?

kewlwhip
03-30-2010, 06:31 PM
wheres the pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Uncle B- only shot from my cel- lively steelies! The lake took a few shots too- was a nice stringer of trout!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/ghostrado/0329101523-00.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEWLY!!! HOW OLD ARE U NOW? WHERE'S YOUR REPORT FROM SUNDAY?
Where are the pics....lma00 ? heeey thanks Hitts- Sunday sunday sunday- busy busy busy! :Wink:

Native Gal
03-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Congrats on the Steelies kewlwhip........ : )

NG

kewlwhip
03-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks NG-- get out if you can- the bites still very good! Saw some very nice stringers at the cleaning station as well, so I know we were not the only ones doing good!

lowe
03-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Nice going out there Kewlwhip on the steelies ..lo

troutdog
04-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Those steelies are really starting to go on the chew, wtg on the limits kewlio!

TD

Mondo21
04-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Nice report Kewly! I can't wait to catch one of the Steelies! Cindy:Big Grin:

kewlwhip
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Nice going out there Kewlwhip on the steelies ..lo
thanks lowe, you should get out there soon! cya-

Those steelies are really starting to go on the chew, wtg on the limits kewlio!

TD most definately...and these Steelies at the Vine loooove to spoool! zzzzzz! ttyl TD

Nice report Kewly! I can't wait to catch one of the Steelies! Cindy:Big Grin: Thanks Mondo- get your drags set, you'll know when these things hit!! :Wink:

2quikmotorwerks
04-03-2010, 02:03 PM
sweet deal homie i'll be outthere next saturday to do some slaying

the killa
04-03-2010, 04:54 PM

:omg!: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mondo21
04-03-2010, 05:18 PM
He's BACK!!!... RUN TROUT,RUN!!! Welcome back. Cindy:Big Grin:

kewlwhip
04-05-2010, 03:56 PM

sounds goooooood!!! cya there- actually i'll be there Sunday-

kewlwhip
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
some of the nice ones of this day- Jacob had some of the Big ones too!

http://irvinelake.net/users/tmp3/Koowhip.JPG