PDA

View Full Version : DVL tuesday help

BassandRelease
03-29-2010, 04:04 PM
im taking my father in law out tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could give me any hints or tips for catching some bass. hes coming from outta state so i want to put him on some fish. anything will help. im familiar with the lake and have had luck before but i dont wanna get skunked cause he only fishes here once a year so i want to make it fun(any day on the lake is fun). if you want to pm me thats fine too. im not asking for secrets just a little shove in the right direction. Thanks

bigfish420
03-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Dude read all the flippin reports people have been posting! There is plenty of information already posted, do you want me to hook the fish and let you reel them in also?? Dang your on a huge fishing website with hundreds of post of recent DVL trips and you cant figure it out, you might want to get some live trout and fish by the docks

lurk 182
03-30-2010, 09:26 AM
yeah dude, pretty much every post in the top ten (other than the Mike Long one) is a detailed report from within the last week. what more do you want. you say you don't want any secrets but you need something more specific than what you can get out of these reports? maybe you and dad in law should fish stocked trout if you're worried he might get bored. i know you want to show him a good time but LMB in presssured SoCal lakes may not be the best call if he needs non-stop action. tell him you're trophy hunting if he starts to look bored.

JKitz
03-30-2010, 11:22 AM
The reason why this site has gone downhill over the past couple years. When someone asks for help (because they are lazy like the rest of us), they get slammed. When someone posts a fish report with some toad fish, they get slammed. Heck, I bet I am going to get slammed for this post. Its pretty sad!!

Just throw plastics in about 5-20 feet of water. Not too much else than that. Throw with what you have confidence in and they will bite. Fish uphill if you can!!

Nessie Hunter
03-30-2010, 12:07 PM
T Heck, I bet I am going to get slammed for this post. Its pretty sad!!

!

WTF!!! Who are you to voice your worthless opinion??

J/K Josh...... LMAO....

BassandRelease
03-30-2010, 09:07 PM
well thanks for the slams and the help. yes i did read all the reports but there are tips that fall through the cracks and info that some people dont post but could be helpful. im not lazy i do my homework. all i was asking for was some extra help just to put my father in law on some fish. sorry i dont get to fish dvl but maybe once or twice a year and i want to make the most of it(and for my father in law for that matter). as for how i did we ended up catching 12 fish 3lbs-6lbs on margarita mutilator/dark green senkos/chugbug using 6lb and 8lb halo pline. my father in law had a great time and cant wait til next year. btw thanks again for the help and thanks for the helpful posts(no post would have been more helpful than the slams)

if you want anymore details pm me

samgann93
03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
good job out there man. i didnt see the post or i would have put up the usual d-shot robos. but looks like you got it down...

dont take the slams here serious. some people just get frustrated......

swimmer
03-31-2010, 06:48 AM
Wow. People are changing in here. Good luck.

ToonaTangler
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Thats great you did well, did you guys get any pics?

ezcompany
03-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Glad you did well!
I went before and barely scratched 2 fish

BassandRelease
03-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Thats great you did well, did you guys get any pics?

i believe we got a few on his camera but i went to take a pic with my phone and my phone was dead. ill see what i can do about gettin some pics posted.

lurk 182
04-01-2010, 02:22 PM
well thanks for the slams and the help. yes i did read all the reports but there are tips that fall through the cracks and info that some people dont post but could be helpful. im not lazy i do my homework. all i was asking for was some extra help just to put my father in law on some fish. as for how i did we ended up catching 12 fish 3lbs-6lbs on margarita mutilator/dark green senkos/chugbug using 6lb and 8lb halo pline. my father in law had a great time and cant wait til next year. btw thanks again for the help and thanks for the helpful posts(no post would have been more helpful than the slams)

see you didn't need our help (six pounder). sorry about the slammin but you're really looking for "tips that fall through the cracks" and "extra help to put father in law on fish"? i'm gonna slam you next time too, sorry.

Matt_Magnone
04-01-2010, 08:09 PM
next time you need some help dude, i'll spill the beans. ive said it a thousand times; were all in this together. were all trying to make something so un-obtainable obtainable.

if you take a step back, and understand that this dude was just wanting a legit bite it makes giving that extra help a little easier to give. diamond can be a treacherous lake even if you just go out there with some clues and pick the lake to pieces and try to find the pattern. often times your bite is over in the first hour and for the un familar angler, before he can pick the bite to pieces; the peak times are already over. there have been a lot of reports out there about the bite being so wicked good. im sure he was just trying to get re assurance into his head to provide hs father in law some hooksets.

maybe me working in the tackle store has gained me more patience than most, it shouldnt be like pulling teeth to get some help.

were all in it together. if someone didnt spout off about a senko bite, how would we all know to instantly throw a senko. if a guy never said the big worm bite was going off; how would we know to go out first thing with a worm and get em. it all comes from a little bit of help.

good job man on the hooksets! gimme a call next time if you're down around these parts and i'll get you on something good.

BassandRelease
04-04-2010, 01:17 AM
next time you need some help dude, i'll spill the beans. ive said it a thousand times; were all in this together. were all trying to make something so un-obtainable obtainable.

if you take a step back, and understand that this dude was just wanting a legit bite it makes giving that extra help a little easier to give. diamond can be a treacherous lake even if you just go out there with some clues and pick the lake to pieces and try to find the pattern. often times your bite is over in the first hour and for the un familar angler, before he can pick the bite to pieces; the peak times are already over. there have been a lot of reports out there about the bite being so wicked good. im sure he was just trying to get re assurance into his head to provide hs father in law some hooksets.

maybe me working in the tackle store has gained me more patience than most, it shouldnt be like pulling teeth to get some help.

were all in it together. if someone didnt spout off about a senko bite, how would we all know to instantly throw a senko. if a guy never said the big worm bite was going off; how would we know to go out first thing with a worm and get em. it all comes from a little bit of help.

good job man on the hooksets! gimme a call next time if you're down around these parts and i'll get you on something good.

thanks matt appreciate everything. i hope you know how much your info helps everyone and how appreciative we are!