PDA

View Full Version : The DUCT, sat night,,TB got OWNED by his buddy and the KPN SKINNY SHAD

trail blazer
03-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Finally got a day off work and had a little time to do some duct chucking and winding.

1st stop i tied on my fav duct lure <LC128 in AMERICAN SHAD COLOR,,
My buddy tied on the 1oz KPN SKINNY SHAD and we went to throwing.

Fished the 1st spot for abought 45 minutes ,,my bud had 4 good hookups but was only able to land 1 ,,the rest
shook off after some really cool drag pulling runs, The 1 he managed to land weighed 4lbs exactly.

No hits for me at all on the 128:Sad:,,,O,WELL

2nd spot same results.

He had 3 hookups and landed 1 =3lbs,,,,I did manage 1 hit at the 2nd spot but no hookup.

BOTTOM LINE,,,,,I GOT OWNED:Rolls Eyes:

No pics cause i forgot the cam,,,SORRY.

When we got to the 1st spot at abought 3am the gates were open 75% and the water was really moving,,,same at the 2nd spot till abought 530 am then they closed almost all the way

My bud was fishing the KPN deep and slow and that seemed to be the ticket:Wink:.

Didnt check the wat temp but its warming fast right now.

The bite is really starting to improve in general right now at the duct when there is flow<AT NIGHT>
Hardly any flows during the daytime right now around BAKO.

TRAIL BLAZER

Marine_Michael
03-29-2010, 11:25 AM
It figures they are hitting the KPN again since my last 1 oz was claimed by the duct Sunday Morning. Up in the AV, we've had slight flow since Friday evening. It hasn't been wide open or even 1/2 way any of the times I've been out although I haven't gone out in the middle of the night so maybe it has.

Nice report and better luck next time. OH and tell your Buddy to either sharpen those hooks or switch them out for some Owner Stinger hooks.

smken59
03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
hey i want to try fishing the duct but i dont know where to go any help would be
great i live in the san fernando valley but i dont mind driving to a place
hope to get some help soon

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Finally got a day off work and had a little time to do some duct chucking and winding.

1st stop i tied on my fav duct lure <LC128 in AMERICAN SHAD COLOR,,
My buddy tied on the 1oz KPN SKINNY SHAD and we went to throwing.

Fished the 1st spot for abought 45 minutes ,,my bud had 4 good hookups but was only able to land 1 ,,the rest
shook off after some really cool drag pulling runs, The 1 he managed to land weighed 4lbs exactly.

No hits for me at all on the 128:Sad:,,,O,WELL

2nd spot same results.

He had 3 hookups and landed 1 =3lbs,,,,I did manage 1 hit at the 2nd spot but no hookup.

BOTTOM LINE,,,,,I GOT OWNED:Rolls Eyes:

No pics cause i forgot the cam,,,SORRY.

When we got to the 1st spot at abought 3am the gates were open 75% and the water was really moving,,,same at the 2nd spot till abought 530 am then they closed almost all the way

My bud was fishing the KPN deep and slow and that seemed to be the ticket:Wink:.

Didnt check the wat temp but its warming fast right now.

The bite is really starting to improve in general right now at the duct when there is flow<AT NIGHT>
Hardly any flows during the daytime right now around BAKO.

TRAIL BLAZER
REALLY ? KPN ? do those work ?

You got OWNED my bako buddy sounds like REVENGE is in order ! well.....get to IT ! what you waiting for !

yolo
03-29-2010, 12:42 PM
That's a bummer TB. Good to hear the water was ripping. Water is still very cold in the AV but the dreadlock weeds are starting to grow with the limited flow and warmer daytime temps. I hope it's not a spinach salad type of spring and summer. They need to flow that duct more so the weeds don't establish.

trail blazer
03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
That's a bummer TB. Good to hear the water was ripping. Water is still very cold in the AV but the dreadlock weeds are starting to grow with the limited flow and warmer daytime temps. I hope it's not a spinach salad type of spring and summer. They need to flow that duct more so the weeds don't establish.

No sign of weeds up here yet,,,,shouldn,t see any up here till some time in june,,,,The smaller of his fish look,d spawn,d out<SKINNY> But the other 1 was super fat,,And one of the ones he lost was a BIG fish,,,MAJOR head shakes and pulling alot of drag,,

trail blazer
03-29-2010, 06:06 PM
REALLY ? KPN ? do those work ?

You got OWNED my bako buddy sounds like REVENGE is in order ! well.....get to IT ! what you waiting for !

DO THOSE WORK ? GARY,,you of all people KNOW THEY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Ive got just 1 left so its time to order some more,,,,,KAHN ,,,,see ya soon

cutbait
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Cool deal...

Its waking up!!!

trail blazer
03-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Cool deal...

Its waking up!!!
oOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it is!!!!!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-30-2010, 11:46 AM
oOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it is!!!!!!!!
Carp ? hows the carp action ?

trail blazer
03-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Carp ? hows the carp action ?

There ready and waiting for you bro,,,,,,,SLAY,SLAY,SLAY

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

WOOPS,,,,,,,,,,,This pic just keeps popping up for no reason,,LOL

kpn
03-31-2010, 03:11 PM
TB..
Don't let Cutbait & KPN lures do this to you bro........:LOL:.
REVENGE!!!

KPN.

trail blazer
03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
TB..
Don't let Cutbait & KPN lures do this to you bro........:LOL:.
REVENGE!!!

KPN.

No fret my brother,,,,,,,,,,My times a comming,,,,,,,.

WORK is wide open for me right now,,,but next week is SLAY TIME<T,B style,,,,,

smokey25
03-31-2010, 07:58 PM
hope thos kpn lures i just ordered gives me the same luck at skinner! :]