PDA

View Full Version : Doin' da "Spring Thing" up in Cen Cal

Ambassadorhawg
03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Just got back from a weekend escape to San Luis Obispo. It was a mtn biking/fishing combo trip, as usual.

The first day was spent at Lopez lake. Water level is rising fast, lots of flooded brush. Water temp was 63. Clarity stained brown, 3 feet visibilty. I fished reaction baits for the first few hours and then switched to finesse baits. I finally found a few that were up tight in about 5 feet of water. First one was an SMB that was about 1.5 pounds. A few casts later I got a very thick 3 pound LMB.

Day two was spent at Morro Bay. Yes, it was a saltwater outting but I am including it in this report. Minus tide in the afternoon had all the good holes exposed and I scratched out about 4 Grass Rockfish and a few Monkeyface Eels.

Day three included a quick early morning trip to Cal Poly pond in search of LMB's. I got ahold of Rusty6 and he met us there. Rusty6 got 2 fish on his finesse bait. Nice to see you again Russell!

I also caught 2 snakes while mtn biking. First one was a beautiful Ringed Necked snake and the other was a 3 foot Gopher snake....

LuvThymetal
03-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Cool nice report and beautiful bass.

fisherman from long beach
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
what did you do with the eel?

Ambassadorhawg
03-28-2010, 06:46 PM
what did you do with the eel?

I put all the fish into a bucket for a quick picture and then I let all of them go back into the rocks...

rusty6
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
although monkey face eel is supposed to be awesome table fare

greenbean
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Cool fish. Those monkey face eels are weird looking.