PDA

View Full Version : Fin and Feather 3-28

lalo56
03-28-2010, 04:39 PM
First of I like to apoligize to Hitts. Micheal went to the party saturday and i convinced him to go. So woke up and hit the water at a bout 9am. Trolled some rapala jointed in silver. Got 3 or so trout. Then we decided to hit a boey and anchored there. This is where it became exciting. Tried some jigs but no luck on that, also some garlic NC's with no luck. So I switched to UL 4# test. Got a couple trout right away switching to powerbait white in color. Then i get bit hard and knew it was something big, first my buddy thought maybe a LMB, i doubted it since its dough. So 10 minutes later we see color and a big tail, i was like wow a CATFISH on dough! So after landing this 7# catfish i was shaking some, all this time i just hope my line didnt snap. We had to leave them bitting since i had people waiting on me to come back to L.A. Here are some pics of some catches. My buddy 4 trout, me 2 trout and 1 catfish. Dont mind the hair, i couldnt find my brother's gel so i just went like that, LOL.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/lalo56/Fin%20and%20Feather%203-28/fish1.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/lalo56/Fin%20and%20Feather%203-28/fish2.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/lalo56/Fin%20and%20Feather%203-28/photo.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/lalo56/Fin%20and%20Feather%203-28/fish.jpg

lalo56
03-28-2010, 07:26 PM
I also noticed they are really spooky and water clarity is good. So i pointed to a school and they swam off. So had to cast away from boat or troll to catch these.

Frenchy
03-28-2010, 07:48 PM
wow nice cat too bad no bigger grade trout cant wait to get out there soon

lalo56
03-28-2010, 07:51 PM

I didn't picture all catches but the 3 trout were fatties i say 2 lbs. Others were like 1 pound.

Frenchy
03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
niceeeeeeeeee

lalo56
03-28-2010, 08:30 PM

I was also told that its more quantity than quality this year. My buddy is looking to be on the board at FnF.

Frenchy
03-28-2010, 08:48 PM
why would they stock the smaller ones cuz the stripers that are in there are gunna eat them all

lalo56
03-28-2010, 08:54 PM
why would they stock the smaller ones cuz the stripers that are in there are gunna eat them all

they shock the lake and get them out. There is some striped bass though.

Frenchy
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
really thats intresting

lalo56
03-28-2010, 09:16 PM
really thats intresting

last year we took a camera and saw.
Under water camera we had and saw striped bass with cats and LMB.

Frenchy
03-28-2010, 09:21 PM
i would love to see that that would be so cool id have to take a net to steal them all befpore they got them

lalo56
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Today it picked up at about Noon anchored, trolling rapalas did the job in the am.

Frenchy
03-28-2010, 10:09 PM
lemme know next time you go ill be there for sure no need to look for anyone else im in lol

lalo56
03-28-2010, 10:09 PM
i would love to see that that would be so cool id have to take a net to steal them all befpore they got them

They shut down the lake when they do that.
Thats no fun either!!!!

lalo56
03-28-2010, 10:55 PM
lemme know next time you go ill be there for sure no need to look for anyone else im in lol

Up to my buddy, we just had enough room for us both. I was cramping up at times. If he takes his bigger boat then sure. We took the 18' aluminum today. He has his other fiberglass one. Fits 4 comfortably, only problem is trolling. Sometimes lines get tangled with many lines out.

dockboy
03-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Good job on the cat. They start goin off good here soon.
Wish people would stop the striper talk at the Fin. There arent that many in there! There has been one or two caught by anglers in the last dozen years, and there really isnt a consistent influx of water from the Duct to let a large amount in. As for the smaller trout, I dont know the reason behind it. Quantity could be the deal. But a lot of members pay because in the past they have stocked larger fish. You can go anywhere they stock and catch 1-2lb stockers. Its kinda a shame, IMO

lalo56
03-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Wish people would stop the striper talk at the Fin. There arent that many in there! There has been one or two caught by anglers in the last dozen years, and there really isnt a consistent influx of water from the Duct to let a large amount in. As for the smaller trout, I dont know the reason behind it. Quantity could be the deal. But a lot of members pay because in the past they have stocked larger fish. You can go anywhere they stock and catch 1-2lb stockers. Its kinda a shame, IMO

Thank you, she put up a great fight.

MarkyMark
03-29-2010, 01:20 PM

Amen to that!! Where's my 16lber??

Frenchy
03-29-2010, 02:00 PM
thats what i was thinking i would not pay a memeber ship when i can catch the same fish elsewhere for way cheaper

dockboy
03-29-2010, 03:41 PM
thats what i was thinking i would not pay a memeber ship when i can catch the same fish elsewhere for way cheaper

ah...no so my friend. IMO, this is one of the best deals going. the first year is expensive, true. but for the opportunities to be had here, a membership is well worth the cost. by your second year, the price is much lower. when you think that Castaic is the closest comparable fishery, for a little more than a year round boat permit there you have a club lake with excellent fishing 8 months out of the year. if you rent boats, by the time you rented 5 times, you have basically paid a year of membership at the Fin (note, this is AFTER your first year)
so many people fish only the trout here, which is a great fishery no doubt. but i barely trout fish anymore, mostly bass all season. we have a very good bass fishery, and the catfish can be large and plentiful. I havent seen a real big kitty come out of there, but they surely exist (no night fishing limits the trophy guys really). Not to mention, good crappie and bluegill fishing from time to time. Indeed, after May, its very well possible to share the lake with fewer than 2 dozen people, if not a dozen during the warm days. But, thats just my :My Two Cents:

Hitts0n
03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Its all good buddy.We know this lake produces huge fish so i'm not going to wine and cry about the size of trout you pulled out! Congrats !