PDA

View Full Version : In search of stripers on a mission

Fishbones
03-27-2010, 11:47 PM
I had made plans to fish with fishinone "Ron" on his boat along with eyeamrealghetto
"Eric" about a week ago. so we met up at the launch ramps around 8:30am and
jumped aboard rons boat.He had got there early and launched early in fear that they
would shut the ramp down. so we headed off to the first spot while we picked rons
brain for a minute for an up to date report on the bite and started setting up, within
3 minutes of our journey we start taking on spray from the bow and eric is getting
sprayed good and through out the day we all kinda took a castaic shower...lol.
we pull up and drop anchors and wait for them to bite, were drifting
and couldnt get the anchors to hook and finally we were still let the fishing begin.
we were using the basic striper crack...fresh dead dines .i was cutting up some dines
and the knife slipped and sliced my thumb with rons super sharpened bait knife......
watch out for those things..we fished thru the day fighting the wind and trying to get the
anchor to bite.ron even thru the anchor on shore and that worked for that spot but still no luck...
we had plenty of bites thru the day but no hook ups...we continued to try every spot we could with lots
of fish metered and bites and finally i managed to hook a lil guy but just 3 feet from the boat he spit
the hook and shaked his tail at me. we saw a few guy on the water as well, T/O, gary
we continued to fish all spots possible and decided to try the spot he fished last week
so we drop anchor and couldnt get it to hook so we decide to move and as we are pulling
up the anchor eric yells that theres some other anchor line attached
on our anchor so i run up and grab the line and start pulling it in and instantly ron
recognizes the rope...he says thats my anchor that was stolen from the parking lot....
so we haul it in and he was so happy cuz it was brand new and was a good anchor....
kinda funny that we were pulling anchors all day and i think ron just wanted to work us
extra hard with two anchors at once....lol j/k ron..towards the end of the day during a
move my jacket flew over the deck in the water....good one eric....j/k..its cool..
it need a wash...lol.Ron really tried to put us on fish but between the wind and anchor
not grabbing it was tough....great job ron....it wasnt an easy day:Big Grin: finally at our
last spot in the last few minutes on the water i hook a fat little catfish for the skunk off.
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0179.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0180.jpg
over all it was always a pleasure to be on the water with friends fish or no fish and look
foward to doing it again. Thank you again ron for the invite it was a pleasure to fish aboard
your boat...and eric...good luck in school bro....Fishbones

marzocchi
03-28-2010, 01:26 AM
That is like 1 in 1 million chance of hooking that anchor. You shoulda bought a lottery ticket. That is nice cat fishbones.

CAPT'N
03-28-2010, 03:34 AM
I was thinking about you three all day long. Must have been really windy on the water, as I was at College of the Canyons until noon, and the wind was just ripping.

Sounds like you really had a tough day on the lake. At least you got a nice little kitty FB.

Ron, I am so glad you got your anchor back, that is just awesome. To bad you couldn't put the bastard that took it down into that Castaic mud.

Days on the water like that make you humble. I have had more than my share days like that this year.

I am leaving in about an hour for Castaic,

Capt'n

fisherman from long beach
03-28-2010, 11:41 AM
cool report and pics alex.i have the same prob on the monark.sat,damn anchor wouldnt stick,kept drifting.

Ray Lopez
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
nice kitty bro

Mondo21
03-28-2010, 12:46 PM
That should of been real scarry out there with the wind blowing so hard. Thanks for the report and the pic of the kitty. Cindy:Big Grin:

LuvThymetal
03-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Nice catfish !!

fishinone
03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I looked for this post earlier today but didn't find it.

I was thinking about you three all day long. Must have been really windy on the water, as I was at College of the Canyons until noon, and the wind was just ripping.

Sounds like you really had a tough day on the lake. At least you got a nice little kitty FB.

Ron, I am so glad you got your anchor back, that is just awesome. To bad you couldn't put the bastard that took it down into that Castaic mud.

Days on the water like that make you humble. I have had more than my share days like that this year.

I am leaving in about an hour for Castaic,

Capt'n

My wife wants me to stay out of the mud! I think it's something to do with the washing machine.:LOL:

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Castaic%203-20-2010%20with%20EyeAmRealGhetto/0327101430a.jpg

We blew through last weeks spot and caught this little gem.

So, nobody stole my anchor! I guess I lost my mind and pitched my anchor without tying it off:Rolls Eyes:. EyeAmaRealniceGuy was pulling the anchor and said "It feels really heavy, it's like I have another anchor or something". I couldn't believe it when I saw the rope caught in the other anchor because it looked like my rope. When I saw one of my knots, I knew it was my anchor.

They teased me about it being a sign that we should use three anchors. I should have listened. Actually there were 4 anchors in the boat. Maybe 4 would have held fast.:LOL:

The wind was a pain. Thanks guys for pulling anchors with me in the wind. We'll have to try fishing sometime.:ROFL:

fishinone
03-29-2010, 11:34 AM
i was cutting up some dines
and the knife slipped and sliced my thumb with rons super sharpened bait knife......
watch out for those things..

fishbones,

I tried not to make a big deal out of this but you made me really proud.

That's a 99 cent Store knife. It was really dull when I got it. I sharpened it myself.

I'm sorry that you were hurt, but I'm happy that the knife is sharp. Cutting up bait with a dull knife is no fun.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
that was a tough day at sea, it was hard to stay on any one spot for any length of time, ms. mother nature had different ideas for our day that day....we'll all be back for another round of vengeance and vengeance is sweet.

Some days ya gotta take what lady lake gives ya...sometime it's good sometimes it's bad...one thing for sure though it's always fun..

I only landed one and lost one but that wind gave me a thrill ride I won't soon forget, so in essence it was a day to remember : )

Get back out on 'em....theyre gonna be there and hungry soon enough !

McFingers
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Nice cat dude. Hopefully you slay em next time. Sucks about the finger too!! Neosporin for sure...

Fishbones
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
That is like 1 in 1 million chance of hooking that anchor. You shoulda bought a lottery ticket. That is nice cat fishbones.

it was 1 in a million for sure..thanks marzocchi...it is a fat lil kitty

Capt'n

it was a tough day for sure but take the good with the bad....we gotta fish soon.

cool report and pics alex.i have the same prob on the monark.sat,damn anchor wouldnt stick,kept drifting.

thanks johnny, it sucks when it wont hook up and blows you all over the place

nice kitty bro

thanks ray...its a chunker..

That should of been real scarry out there with the wind blowing so hard. Thanks for the report and the pic of the kitty. Cindy:Big Grin:

it was blowin and our boat was fine but there were smaller crafts and they had fun...including gary..

Nice catfish !!

thanks it was a nice one .

The wind was a pain. Thanks guys for pulling anchors with me in the wind. We'll have to try fishing sometime.:ROFL:

sounds great as long as we have all four anchors in the boat....damn wind argh,,,lol

fishbones,
I tried not to make a big deal out of this but you made me really proud.
That's a 99 cent Store knife. It was really dull when I got it. I sharpened it myself.
I'm sorry that you were hurt, but I'm happy that the knife is sharp. Cutting up bait with a dull knife is no fun.

it was a razor blade ron....great sharpening bro....

that was a tough day at sea, it was hard to stay on any one spot for any length of time, ms. mother nature had different ideas for our day that day....we'll all be back for another round of vengeance and vengeance is sweet.
Some days ya gotta take what lady lake gives ya...sometime it's good sometimes it's bad...one thing for sure though it's always fun..
I only landed one and lost one but that wind gave me a thrill ride I won't soon forget, so in essence it was a day to remember : )
Get back out on 'em....theyre gonna be there and hungry soon enough !

vengeance for sure with a striper slay day to come, you had fun out there gary im sure!!
with gail force winds and white caps with white caps all that was missing was water spouts and hail...
im twitching to get back and fill my freezer with striper fillets...

Nice cat dude. Hopefully you slay em next time. Sucks about the finger too!! Neosporin for sure...

thanks bro....next time there dead....and neo for sure..

BrandonFish
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
that is too great pulling up the anchor he had lost thats something else lol Nice healthy fat cat Better fishing next time for the stripers the conditions sounded tough

E.A.R.G.
03-31-2010, 11:44 PM
yo Alex! nice report!
sorry bout the jacket lol!!! mYyy baddd!! haha

see you after may 5th man. since you weren't kind enough to let us go over the ledge in your truck, i must continue with the studying LOL

ttyl man. see u in a month or so

Beeracuda211
04-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Capt'n

If you can anchor down at Pyramid, you can anchor down in any lake in southern california lol right captn? I remember watching you one day for at least an hour trying to anchor down while we were nestled up drinking beer, it was actually entertaining... LOL

B/C

Fishbones
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
that is too great pulling up the anchor he had lost thats something else lol Nice healthy fat cat Better fishing next time for the stripers the conditions sounded tough

it was pretty amazing to see.....the cat was a fat little kitty for sure...

yo Alex! nice report!
sorry bout the jacket lol!!! mYyy baddd!! haha
see you after may 5th man. since you weren't kind enough to let us go over the ledge in your truck, i must continue with the studying LOL
ttyl man. see u in a month or so

thanks eric....the jacket needed to be blessed by castaic anyway...lol.
goodluck with your studys bro.....you can do it!!
peace bro ...

If you can anchor down at Pyramid, you can anchor down in any lake in southern california lol right captn? I remember watching you one day for at least an hour trying to anchor down while we were nestled up drinking beer, it was actually entertaining... LOL
B/C

lol thats funny, but then being the guy pulling anchor its not funny...lol

CAPT'N
04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
BC, I remember that as well, but hey my anchor man was only 11 years old, and he still out fished you 2 to 1!

Capt'n