PDA

View Full Version : Castaic lake stripers this friday

fishfinder
03-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi,
I am taking my kids and my dad fishing at castaic friday. I will be fishing with 6lb florocarbon line and bait will be anchovies, sardines, and bloodworms. I have only been out there once this year, and only got a couple fish. My daughter hasn't been fishing with me in a few years, and never caught a striper before. I would like to get her hooked on striper fishing, so I was wondering how deep and where to try. We planned on trying the left side of the bouy line first, and where-ever you guys recommend next. Any ideas or tips can be PM'd to me for confidentiallity. Usually I just put my time on the water and sometimes I nail them and sometimes I don't. But this trip is special to me and would like to make sure every-one has a memoralbe time.
Thanks in advance......

Shore Stalker
03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I hear guys tie up buy some large floating can At the bouy line and just slay all day long.

CAPT'N
03-25-2010, 05:54 PM
You can be ticketed for tying up to the buoy line.
Capt'n

fishfinder
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
You can be ticketed for tying up to the buoy line.
Capt'n

I heard that too. when i was there in november, and there was just a few pieces of the bouy line, they were telling the guys tied to it to untie. when i was there in jan. the lake patrol and the lifeguard went by with out saying a word to any-one.

marzocchi
03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
PM sent... good luck out there.

CAPT'N
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
I was there Sunday, lake patrol and lifeguards came by multiple times to make sure you were not tied to the B-L.

Capt'n

fishfinder
03-26-2010, 05:51 AM
well i am up and wide awake, and it looks like the lake is blown out. noy going to drive 70 miles to get to the lake and get turned away. thanks every-one for your tips and advice. gonna postpone this one.