PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Suck-Fest

etaggart
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Got two days off this week (no pay - thanks for the furlough crappie-economy!). Headed to Laguna Niguel Lake early in the morning in the float tube looking for bass. Already heard they didn't get their last trout plant - not a problem. Heard some big bass were caught over the weekend.

Bottom-line, skunk for me, skunk for almost everyone else I saw.

A few people picked up some small trout, looked like it was w/ powerbait floating up from the bottom.

I floated some gulp nuggets under a slip bobber the whole day just in case I got lucky - nope!

I was mainly tossing plastics - everywhere: near the dam, concrete tower, aerators, islands, shoreline, open water and flats. Not even a nibble. Tried lots of colors, rigs and presentations.

The water was thick and bright green w/ algea - dark brown and cooler over the aerators.

Suck!

I'll go somewhere else tomorrow.

ET

El Capo
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Good call going else where tomorrow, Irvine has both, go there.

Troutman65
03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Use to be a nice little place to fish. Sorry about your skunk. It happens . Thanks for posting up

reeladdiction09
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
haha karmas a bi#%h. see what happens when you make fun of me for having school :) I might hit up castaic this weekend hopefully i'll get into some fish

etaggart
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Die, you Nephew ba$tard! :) Maybe we can hit Castaic on your spring break if I can figure out a day off

BassandRelease
03-31-2010, 06:36 PM
we used to catch 80 bass a day there. couple years ago they had a die-off cause of fish overpopulation and water temps. hasnt been the same since. bobby the lady who runs it wont stock bass either. she thinks all us bass fisherman will comeback and spend our money to get skunked. i havent bass fished there in about a year and a half but i stay in contact with charles and he always says same old story. i think the report on the phone is bogus also dont believe that. good luck

BigBass777
03-31-2010, 07:25 PM
That lake needs to be revamped. It needs construction to divert the drainage channel in the back of the creek inlet. It's making the water quality poor. Thanks for the report tho. The lake had great bass and trout fishing and was very busy when it was $12.00 per person. It's still a cool place to fish but has gotten too pricey compared to other OC pay lakes. You have to pay for parking plus your fishing pass. Because of this I haven't been back in over 3 years. I wonder how her business is doing in this sluggish economy?