PDA

View Full Version : Opener plans?

sierraslam
03-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Hard to believe the Opener is a month away. I'm making plans to stay in Mammoth and fish Convict, Crowley, Grant, and maybe Lundy and Bridgeport Twins. I know some people hate Opening Day, but I love getting up there and starting the season with a big fish. The crowds are bad, but there's always room to fish. It's a roadside fishing, beer drinking good time! I'll put the backpack on in July and do the get away from the crowds trip. See ya at Convict around Midnight April 24th. You gota love it! Good fishin!

stphnman20
03-25-2010, 09:09 AM
I'll be there.. Leaving on Wed to get a head start.. Gonna hit up Convict, Lundy and Crowley on opening day. And prolly upper owens before the opening.

STEVE IN SOCAL
03-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Stay away...then head up a week or two afterwards..I'll have the place to myself.

EL_CHIDO
03-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Camping at Chalk Cliffs @ Crowley.

retired96
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
This will be my 40th straight opener, some of you weren't even born when I started. I go by myself as I have no fishing friends and will spend 7-10 days tent camping in Rock Creek. The crowds don't bother me as I find places to fish by myself. Last years opener the weather was brutal cold and windy and the fishing on the Upper Owens was horrible. I really don't expect this year to be a great year, last year was my worst year fishing in over 50 years and I spent over 90 days fishing the Sierras.

stphnman20
03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a blast! lol.. Hopefully my training at Bridgeport when I was in the Marines well help me out.

IncredibleHuck
03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
This will be my 40th straight opener, some of you weren't even born when I started. I go by myself as I have no fishing friends and will spend 7-10 days tent camping in Rock Creek. The crowds don't bother me as I find places to fish by myself. Last years opener the weather was brutal cold and windy and the fishing on the Upper Owens was horrible. I really don't expect this year to be a great year, last year was my worst year fishing in over 50 years and I spent over 90 days fishing the Sierras.

Good luck out there! Glad to see you still out on the boards!

mammoth xfactor
03-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Camping at Convict for the weekend. Look for the yellow kayak.

AngryAgent
03-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Stay away...then head up a week or two afterwards..I'll have the place to myself.

Steve you're a mind reader.

brn2fis
03-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Sounds like a blast! lol.. Hopefully my training at Bridgeport when I was in the Marines well help me out.

Semper Fi Get Sum " fish that is".