PDA

View Full Version : Finally got that 20 lb. carp at Fairmont!!!!!!

carperguy75
03-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Went fishing at fairmont, thought to try luck. Last sunday (21st), a friend and my wife went by the boat-house. About 3 hrs total got 2 trout and a 3.5-4 lb carp. Couple kids wanted them so gave them away. On Wed. at 11:30 or so, by the overflow, caught a 20 pound grass carp. :Big Grin: A little less, but close. Couple people walking around saw it and said that others were catching cats by the island, happy with what I caught but released it due to no stringer or bucket. Get it again next time I'm there---tuff catch!!!!!

DockRat
03-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Nice job on the carp. I used to see 2' - 3' Grass Carp in the irrigation canals in Imperial Valley near Brawley.
But down there they are protected and planted by Imperial Irrigation District.
DR

Inept Angler
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Good thing you forgot your stringer. Fishing regs state:
5.37. Grass Carp.
(a) No grass carp may be taken or possessed at any time, except that any grass carp inadvertently taken must be immediately returned unharmed to the water.

fishmounter
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
I got a 31 inch beautiful orange-finned male common Carp last week while bass fishing at Fairmount. I had to climb over and around trees to chase him to avoid getting spooled! I've never seen any Grass Carp in Fairmount. Lots of carp, but never a Grass.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-25-2010, 12:38 AM
no pix...another fairmont picless thread????damn it.....lol...

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Went fishing at fairmont, thought to try luck. Last sunday (21st), a friend and my wife went by the boat-house. About 3 hrs total got 2 trout and a 3.5-4 lb carp. Couple kids wanted them so gave them away. On Wed. at 11:30 or so, by the overflow, caught a 20 pound grass carp. :Big Grin: A little less, but close. Couple people walking around saw it and said that others were catching cats by the island, happy with what I caught but released it due to no stringer or bucket. Get it again next time I'm there---tuff catch!!!!!

i call b*s...usally if your gonna string one up, most people would just toss it to the side or i seen people take the bags out of the trash cans to take there fill...so it sounds like bullshi7.....oh yeah welcome to the board, next time take some pix....

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Good thing you forgot your stringer. Fishing regs state:
5.37. Grass Carp.
(a) No grass carp may be taken or possessed at any time, except that any grass carp inadvertently taken must be immediately returned unharmed to the water.

c'mon this is fairmont, people steal roses from the garden....lol...danny...

Danny300
03-25-2010, 06:08 AM
garden???? I thought that was the F*mount Men's Club with all the action there LOL

carpanglerdude
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Pics pics pics plz!

Props on the catch.

fisherman from long beach
03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
need some pics,or you'll post's will be over looked,how do we know if your bs ing us.but anyways good report.

LuvThymetal
03-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Yup i agree, pics pics pics, i mean come on its a 20lb carp lol.

Sublime-Steve
03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Been 2 fairmount everyday round 4 to 7 and still no fish.. im in a silver tacoma someone come say whats up sometime im always @ the boathouse

fishmounter
03-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Was there today. Evans Lake. 8 to 10:30AM. Got 4 bass; 2 dinks, 2lbs, and one about 4. The bass are not in close, but out away from shoreline. The crazy carp didn't show today.

castle
03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Good going on the carp. Also, Fishmounter. Is that a Lake Perris Bluegill on your navatar?

carperguy75
03-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Well, dont have camera but could get one if thats what it takes. Guess word of mouth doesnt cut it anymore?????

carpanglerdude
03-26-2010, 05:10 PM
We just love the fish pics

fishmounter
03-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Castle, Yes it is a Lake Perris (or as we call it LP) Florida Bluegill. A spawning male. Also just to let everyone know, I fished Fairmount today and got the skunk. Yep, the Fairmount Master did zip. Not even a bump in 2 hours. Yesterday 4 fish and today 0. It happens. (The Fairmount Master... yeah right, who started calling me that anyway?) I met a guy that knew how to fish for carp with very light line and long rods. Saw him land 2.

old pudd fisher
03-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Was there today. Evans Lake. 8 to 10:30AM. Got 4 bass; 2 dinks, 2lbs, and one about 4. The bass are not in close, but out away from shoreline. The crazy carp didn't show today.

Nice going Jeff meet you out thier soon.

Myno.1sport
03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
PICTURES PEOPLE! Nobody cares what u say u caught. We need proof! Smoke another one....

bassgrabber1
03-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Castle, Yes it is a Lake Perris (or as we call it LP) Florida Bluegill. A spawning male. Also just to let everyone know, I fished Fairmount today and got the skunk. Yep, the Fairmount Master did zip. Not even a bump in 2 hours. Yesterday 4 fish and today 0. It happens. (The Fairmount Master... yeah right, who started calling me that anyway?) I met a guy that knew how to fish for carp with very light line and long rods. Saw him land 2.

Jeff ...you are the Fairmount Master... i have never heard or seen anyone catch as many bass out of there as you have. We really got to hit it up some time.

oscarbassman
03-27-2010, 05:26 PM
PIC OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

haha just messing man... damn I used to fish carp back in the days when my dad used to take us fishing. Used to be fun for us, but with our knowledge we got the skunk every other day lol.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-27-2010, 05:36 PM
i believe there is a 20lb roaming the lakes of fairmont, but without a pic just sounds like a fishtale....

Danny300
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
if he caught a 20 lb carp.......AND i really satisfy my wife in bed..................we know both aren't really happening LMAO

oscarbassman
03-27-2010, 08:01 PM
if he caught a 20 lb carp.......AND i really satisfy my wife in bed..................we know both aren't really happening LMAO

OOOOUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH! buuurrrnnn.. haha jk

Mrborohachi
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
seen a mexican guy with his daughter catch a 15lb+ carp at Fairmount. Also ran into a Filipino guy at the small lilly pad pond catch a 8+

Troudt
03-30-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm surprised they're any carp left in fairmount. I go there once or twice a week to fish. Almost everytime I'm there, I can guarantee I'm going to see one or possibly all 3 of the "carp people".
While its impressive how many they catch, and its alot.....they never release them...big or small. The one guy even admits he doesn't eat them and he gives them to friends.

The other day I found a carp at the base of a tree. Its stomach had been chewed up by an animal of some sort....

I don't wanna get into a big catch and release discussion here...Personally I put back anything I possibly can.... I'm just sayin with the High amount of pressure fairmount sees just from these 3 people alone, throw in occasional fisherman and a few Hobos....I'm surprised there are any carp left.

carpanglerdude
03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Exactly why I let all mine go.

The murky water, and the fact that there is a lot of water outside of casting range is the only think keeping those fish from ending up on the dinner table.

Danny300
03-30-2010, 05:22 PM
hmmm...it's carp....take them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plant them in your garden....your flowers will thank you for it!