PDA

View Full Version : march 23rd report from corona lakes.....

jumpman
03-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Hey everyone,
well it was a rough one in the morning, got to the lake early and waited in line. while i waited i was hyped so i got all my tackle ready and re spooled my spinners. i have been trying to figure out this lake for a while now, it seems to switch up on me often.

I have been talking to many of my Fellow FNN and 57 members and was told to try the shores next to the damn. As soon as i arrived this is what i decided to do, i arrived and set up my glass 6,6 glass rod with my 2000 johnny morris reel for baiting and waiting, weapon of choice to start with a chart PB. while that was out i decided to us some various lip rippers on one of my JM 1000's.

This was rough on me i tried various areas in the water to micro jig and kept hitting the green monster "ALGAE" . My first though was maybe if i can assure to skim the surface that the trout may see it and i can hover over the green. I decided to use different spining lures for about 45 minutes but i still snagged algae every time.

I decided to check on my Chart PB to see what was going on there and i still had it ready to go although it was not the right meal for these guys so i tried a red natural scent salmon perch. let it go out about 45 feet. at this time i also decided to switch up lure to a drop shot power worm, same problem as the others snag snag snag. I decided it was not happening there so i placed out another rod holder and set on some garlics PB.

i tried various baits but no go for me today, at about 1:30 or so i had nothing going and mother nature decided to blow everthing around. Everyone left and i still decided to try due to the fact i was A) dedicated and B)i dont like getting skunked but eventually i had to throw in the towell like everyone else.

All in all i have had days where i double limit at corona and days like this one, Verdict- had lots of fun, like pops always told me "no such thing as bad fishing" i still enjoyed my self although i wish my friends could have made it. I did however meet new friends there, they were awsome and will be comming on the board.

i hope this information can help out in some way
Jason Jumpman - 23 for life

The Angler
03-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I wish I had seen this report sooner haha. Went today and pretty much did the same exact thing as you for nothing. We even got a pontoon to avoid The Blob Algae. around 2:00 the algae moved off and my cousins were able to catch 9 fish all small nothing special. Seen a few people with limits. Was expecting alot of fish since they did stock it weds,thurs,fri with "THE BIGGEST STOCKING" this year.

Big Daddy
03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I was out there yesterday and today and I will be writing a report maybe tomorow with pictures lots of pictures, but I will tell you this if you had the right bait which we did. You could not keep the fish off I had 4 Browns yesterday 3 in 20 minutes this lake is so full of fish it is just incredible. I hope that next time you guys get dialed in I know it can and usually is fantastic.

Big Daddy

Poxy Boggards
03-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Tough trip, but you'll get em next time. Corona is way better from a boat, and gives you the mobility to get on the fish. Good luck on your next outing.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
03-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Tough trip, but you'll get em next time. Corona is way better from a boat, and gives you the mobility to get on the fish. Good luck on your next outing. i almost forgot..it was good seeing you saturday morning....mr. poxy boggards......i know you had two nice looking trout in the morning......did you get any more ??

scott "aka" the b.d.b.

Fisherman57
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
A TOUGH day, but still a GREAT attitude and a full report!
That counts a TON!

Congratulations Jason,

You are this weeks winner!
TEAM 57 / SANTA ANA RIVER LAKES / CORONA LAKE REWARD!

You have won a FREE ADMISSION PASS & BOAT RENTAL!

(PM me your information and I will get the passes to you!)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Dana
Fisherman57

REMEMBER EVERYONE................

TEAM 57 is proud to announce that we will once again be rewarding members who take the time to post up their reports from Corona Lake & Santa Ana River Lakes!

Every week, I'll be giving away a FREE admission pass & or boat rental to the TEAM 57 / FNN member that posts the best report of the week!

Winners will be announced every Monday evening!......

EVERY WEEK you'll have a chance to win a FREE pass or a FREE boat rental to Corona Lake or Santa Ana River Lakes!
www.fishinglakes.com (http://www.fishinglakes.com/)

Here's some tips that will help you win:

1) Take the time to write a detailed, interesting report!
2) Include lots of clear, interesting & fun photos in your report!
3) Wear your TEAM 57 t-shirt and make sure our logo shows up in the pic!

Tell us about your day! Show us what you caught, tell us how you caught it, what kind of bait or lure were you using? What kind of rod & reel were you using? What were the conditions? Was it cold? Did you bring friends? How'd they do? Did something crazy happen? Make it interesting!

Again..... this is just ANOTHER example of why it pays to be a TEAM 57 & Fishing Network member!

Thanks everyone for your continued support of Fishing Network & Team 57
We have some BIG things planned for 2010!

IT PAYS TO BE A TEAM 57 MEMBER!

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/banner012z.gif

Fisherman57
That counts a TON!

Congratulations Jason,

CONGRATULATIONS!

Dana
Fisherman57

TEAM 57 is proud to announce that we will once again be rewarding members who take the time to post up their reports from Corona Lake & Santa Ana River Lakes!

Every week, I'll be giving away a FREE admission pass & or boat rental to the TEAM 57 / FNN member that posts the best report of the week!

EVERY WEEK you'll have a chance to win a FREE pass or a FREE boat rental to Corona Lake or Santa Ana River Lakes!

Tell us about your day! Show us what you caught, tell us how you caught it, what kind of bait or lure were you using? What kind of rod & reel were you using? What were the conditions? Was it cold? Did you bring friends? How'd they do? Did something crazy happen? Make it interesting!

Again..... this is just ANOTHER example of why it pays to be a TEAM 57 & Fishing Network member!

Fisherman57
That counts a TON!

Congratulations Jason,

CONGRATULATIONS!

Dana
Fisherman57

jumpman
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
thanks dana, that is awsome.
I am actually looking forward to going back and getting these guys. I know that this trip i will get them, also thanks to everyone for the possitive feedback to my post. Big daddy if you can please PM me about your trip, i saw you and gus went out there and i saw pics on corona's site. Fantastic job........
JM