PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon Fish, Aaron Martins Clinic, 1st Post

arielv13
03-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi all - I've been lurking this board for the last month getting a ton of great info and ideas from you all. I think a couple of you have even gone as far as gifting me with a couple of worms and kind words. Thanks.

I got to the Lagoon around 8:30 am. First cast on a Carolina rigged 6" purple got a solid tap and pull but no fish. I switched up to a drop shot 6" oxblood, one of the gifted worms from Joe. After several casts a got a nice Bass. What was nice was that a fellow angler was walking by and watched me stick it and the photographed me and the fish. About ten minutes later I got my next two fish all off of the same worm. It was pretty chewed up so I decided to stop for the morning (11:15) and stop off at Gallion's to get a bag.

As I was getting ready to leave, Aaron Martins pulled up on the spot. He was fishing a spot us shore anglers couldn't get to, so I just watched him pick fish out of the reeds using a Robo Zipper (clear with some chartruese). It was great talking to him and getting some tips and it was cool to see him execute. For every swing, there was a fish.

That lake is on the upward swing. In the next couple of days it's gonna be bent sticks, all day.

Arielv13

LuvThymetal
03-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Nice catch man. And that is the beauty of having a boat cuz he could get to the spots most shore anglers cant. Lucky bastards =]

Fisherman57
03-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Nice post........

Welcome to the board!

oscarbassman
03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Awesome report man, Thanks for joining us and leaving the lurking the forums life behind hehe.

Cant wait to go out there, buying a float tube soon. Hopefully that gives me a little advantage over the shore anglers ^^

Liteweight
03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
I often wondered if he missed his "home lake". Haven't seen him since he moved.
I guess I need to get my "lazy ***" up there tomorrow w/my 'toon. Tried to today but back injury was too painful & had me on too many meds. to function.
Welcome to the board.
Thanks for the post.
LW

Fire Ball
03-24-2010, 09:05 PM
What?? Aaron Matens was there!! Very nice!! Did you get to meet him!?? Man, I wish I could have been there, lol. Cool to see him come back to his home lake! Nice bass!

Bass Buddy07
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
u get to meet aaron martin at castaic lagoon thats sooooo awesome man
u should of get his autograph or get his number or something because u r never going to see him around since he lives at Alabama. MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i was there

fishntime
03-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Awesome first report, stick with it man and remember C&R. :)

Bassnman Mike
03-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Aaron's one of the good guys, I used to fish against him and his mom years back in the ABA team tournament days. He is very honest and if he tells you what he was using to kick your butt he is not lying. Most of the time though he just wouldnt say anything.

I do know that when ever he is in CA for any reason, he likes to stop by either Castaic or Isabella and since he fished the Bassmasters Elite series events at the Delta and Clear Lake I kinda thought he would show up.