PDA

View Full Version : Just Can't Stay Away, Striper Fever!

yolo
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Went to work and it ended up being a short day. Took the long way home from the SF Valley (I-5) and hit the duct on the far west AV working my way back home to Palmdale. There was slight flow, gates about 18" open. Nail one at my first stop and get a couple of other biters. Nothing at the 2nd stop. 3rd stop I hook up but it gets off right at the edge. As some may know, my striper elbow is still in full effect and it's hurting me. I decide to throw out chicken liver to take a break and rest the arm. Within 5 minutes I get bit and pole goes bendo. Set the hook and it's on but this one too gets off right before I can bring it in. My arm is just not the same and that is what I will blame it on :Envious: Did not get bit anymore and the wife calls looking for me and I decide to call it a day and head home.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%203-24-10/Duct3-24-10.jpg (http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%203-24-10/?action=view&current=Duct3-24-10.jpg)

Danny300
03-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Good job striper god!

Fishbones
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
gotta love the short work days....hope the elbow gets better...nice fish

yolo
03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
It's not going to get better if I keep doing this, lol. On the first fish my drag was set a little light. I buttoned it down after landing it to keep future fish coming in a little quicker, to help my arm. Well I think that is why I dumped the other two. Too tight of a drag and I think I just ripped the lure and the bait out their mouth or ripped their mouth.

kpn
03-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Zoli,
NICE!!! You should rest your arm and save those striper for me bro :LOL::LOL::LOL:. Can't complain with a short work day.

KPN.

Danny300
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
or he could always just....hook up, then hand the rod over so I can fight & land the fish LOL

yolo
03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Zoli,
NICE!!! You should rest your arm and save those striper for me bro :LOL::LOL::LOL:. Can't complain with a short work day.

KPN.

Where have you been? No duct posts? You are free to get them. I will be out of town for a few days :Smile:

Marine_Michael
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Zoli,

KPN.

When are you going to be up this way again? I'm still waiting to fish the duct with you. I may need to pick up a few more lures from you as well. I cracked one and the duct swallowed another two.

wackyrigged
03-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey i live in palmdale hit me up if your goin to the duct again I will probably bait fish because my rattle trap doesnt seem to produce anymore.

yolo
03-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Hey i live in palmdale hit me up if your goin to the duct again I will probably bait fish because my rattle trap doesnt seem to produce anymore.
Lure fishing produces way better than bait fishing. It could have been a catfish that hit the bait. I got the striper on a lure as well as the one I dumped close to shore. I would lure fish if I was you. I just had to take a short break because of my arm hurting.

fishinone
03-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Striper fever? That sounds bad! I recommend immersion therapy.

Inept Angler
03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Yolo, ever see anyone catching with a fly? I went out there a couple times with my rod and bounced some clousers off the bottom, but no luck. I'd love to pull one of those duct stripers in with my 7 wt.

yolo
03-27-2010, 07:17 AM
I have seen guys fly fishing it on occasion but very rarely. One guy told me he has gotten them before fly fishing.