PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cal PM 1/2 day 7/13/07

k3vin_kim
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Couldn't wait for the weekend so I just went by myself on a relaxing afternoon 1/2 day out of PierPoint Landing. As I was loading onto the boat, I asked the departing anglers what they caught. "Nothing but sculpin and sand dabs." "Not even a single bass."

Interesting... I thought. It was so hot in the afternoon today I didn't wear my rubber Viking boots and ended up getting stung by a rattle snake in a gunny sack. We hit Sculpin country for the first half of the day and limited out in about an hour. Then we headed to the shoe and met up with the Victory, Monte Carlo and another boat I didn't see because I was too busy bringing in Barry after Barry. The Scooters were Wide open for the remainder of the day. I hooked them on a tady yo yo blue and white. My Toe is friekin' throbbing still.

JapanRon
07-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi k3vin_kim,

Way to go. Yes .... this is why I like the PM on that boat. Guess Ryan was skipper!

I really like the 2 young guns that skipper that boat. Always thinkin'!!

JapanRon

halo16
07-13-2007, 10:28 PM
k3vin_kim,

Thanks for the report i was on the city of long beach out of LB Marina, seen you all at scuplin grounds unfortunaley we stayed our captain was Mike I think ? older man that likes roc fishing. John had the day off,

All the scuplin and sand dabs you wanted I was hoping to go to the shoe but the captain decided not to, oh well, I'm not a big fan of scuplin fishing in July unless we already tried the bass,barries, but on our boat we had 85% newbies with there kids so it was nice any ways.

Good going on the barries!

k3vin_kim
07-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Honestly, I'm a regular on the Victory. I don't know anybody on the southern Cal but yes the whole crew seemed to be youngsters.

k3vin_kim
07-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks~! oh yeah, I do remember seeing the city of long beach. You guys came for like 30 minutes and then we split. I kinda miss winter rockfishing. But I know after 5 months of doing that, I'm gonna miss surface fishing even MORE.

riverjoon
07-14-2007, 10:55 AM
I was out there on the same boat. I was the guy asian guy tossing iron in the straw hat and shades.

k3vin_kim
07-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah, that description is ME... minus the straw hat.