PDA

View Full Version : Redondo Harbor Jetty Fishing??

NoFin
03-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Newbee here with a question. Just wondering if any of you know which areas of the Redondo Beach jetty/harbor are fishable? I'm not looking to steal someones honey hole, just some general info an where to park (preferably free parking) and which areas are legal to fish. Any tackle or rigging tips would also be appreciated, but I'm guessing the typical plastics or hard bait approaches should work well, as well as bait and wait.
Tight Lines and Thanks in advance.

DockRat
03-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Join Date Jun 2006
Posts 1

4 years to post up ?
RB breakwall has no free parking unless you walk 6 blocks.
Try Topaz Jetty for free parking. Lots of tackle choices depending on species.
Catalina Blue Perch, Halibut, Sharks, Bass. What is your preferance ?
DR

NoFin
03-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Just awoke from my coma. Topaz Jetty?? where is that? As for the species, I'd like to try for bass and halibut, but I'm game for anything that will take my lure or bait. Thanks for the info DR.

Join Date Jun 2006
Posts 1

4 years to post up ?
RB breakwall has no free parking unless you walk 6 blocks.
Try Topaz Jetty for free parking. Lots of tackle choices depending on species.
Catalina Blue Perch, Halibut, Sharks, Bass. What is your preferance ?
DR

Taiko
03-24-2010, 09:50 AM
hey,

This might not be the exact spot where you're trying to fish, but i have had a lot of luck fishing next to Joe's Crab Shack, and the parking is free. I normally park at Joe's and walk about 50 ft toward the Banquet building (last building, next to the hotel) and fish there. You basically can fish left of the Banquet bld all the way to King Harbor. There are signs posted of where you can and cannot fish, and of course the best fishing is in the no fishing area. Use your discretion, because there is a security guard there that will tell you too move. There are A LOT of Sand Bass, Calico, Sculpins, and barracuda (small ones) with the occasional Halibut. Bring your fishing license because Fish and Game have been there to check. As for Bait, i use Squid or Sardines, these usually work the best for me. G luck, if you need an address to get directions, just PM me.

NoFin
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Taiko, thanks for the detailed info. Sounds like I'll try that area out next week.

hey,

This might not be the exact spot where you're trying to fish, but i have had a lot of luck fishing next to Joe's Crab Shack, and the parking is free. I normally park at Joe's and walk about 50 ft toward the Banquet building (last building, next to the hotel) and fish there. You basically can fish left of the Banquet bld all the way to King Harbor. There are signs posted of where you can and cannot fish, and of course the best fishing is in the no fishing area. Use your discretion, because there is a security guard there that will tell you too move. There are A LOT of Sand Bass, Calico, Sculpins, and barracuda (small ones) with the occasional Halibut. Bring your fishing license because Fish and Game have been there to check. As for Bait, i use Squid or Sardines, these usually work the best for me. G luck, if you need an address to get directions, just PM me.