PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lake Weekend 3-20-10 and 3-21-10

Poolman
03-22-2010, 08:05 PM
This weekend was my first time out catching striper in five years with seasoned pro Gary Miller. We arrived at the lake around 9:30 and hooked into my first schollie at 10:30. The bite was good but the fish didn't seem to be fighting very hard on Saturday. In fact, for a couple of them it was difficult to tell they were on the line until the very end. At 1pm we had to go pick up our friend Chris from the launch ramp and returned back to the bouy line. We were catching fish in 70 feet of water. Two of the bigger fish that day were caught by Chris and we were off the lake by 6pm with 22 fish.

Sunday morning was a different day of fishing. Not as many fish but the fish we did catch were bigger in size. The weather was fantastic and it was a great weekend on the lake with no wind and temps in the 80's. I really missed striper fishing the last few years but now I'm hooked again.

marzocchi
03-23-2010, 01:32 AM
22 fish. It looks like you guys did good for yourselves. There is a lot Castaic reports, which I happy to read, but dreading because I cant get out there due to work and my flu.

fishinone
03-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Poolman,

I'm glad to hear you got in them. 22 fish is a nice catch.

22 fish. It looks like you guys did good for yourselves. There is a lot Castaic reports, which I happy to read, but dreading because I cant get out there due to work and my flu.

Your going to have to give that flu up! get well soon. See you at the lake.