PDA

View Full Version : Lake Arrowhead

SeaSick17
03-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Can anyone fish on Arrowhead from the shore? I am going up this week for a work conference and thought I would take advantage of some down time. Never fished there before. Any tips?
Thanks
George

bowler
03-22-2010, 11:59 AM
No you can not fish Arrowhead from the shore it is a private lake all around.

EL_CHIDO
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Hit Lake Gregory if you have the time; it's only 15 minutes away.

tenderloin
03-22-2010, 12:05 PM
You can try the cove behind the stores as you enter the village. They are on your right, just before you get to McDonalds. There is a large opening betweem McDonald's and these stores. Sometimes they let "outsiders" fish there if you keep it respectful... but they can ask you to leave. Also the other end of the lake near the UCLA conference center.

Good luck. Both trout and smallmouth can be had there.

SeaSick17
03-22-2010, 12:17 PM
You can try the cove behind the stores as you enter the village. They are on your right, just before you get to McDonalds. There is a large opening betweem McDonald's and these stores. Sometimes they let "outsiders" fish there if you keep it respectful... but they can ask you to leave. Also the other end of the lake near the UCLA conference center.

Good luck. Both trout and smallmouth can be had there.

I am going to be at the UCLA conference center

Natural Lefty
03-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Tenderloin, I used to fish that exact spot regularly. It was one of my favorite fishing spots, in fact. However, several years ago, the wise people of Arrowhead apparently decided to put a stop to out-of-towners fishing there, so they put up a fence all around that area, which really angered me and put the kibosh on my fishing efforts at Arrowhead. Unless that has recently changed, what Bowler said about Arrowhead being totally off-limits to people without lake privileges appears to be the case. I also checked out the UCLA conference center area, but last time I was there, there was a no fishing sign at the cove by the conference center.

In addition to the trout and smallmouth, I caught lots of good size bluegills, some green sunfish (and sunfish hybrids) and some crappie there. I sure hope you are correct and they are allowing respectful people to fish there again.

tenderloin
03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
I defer to your latest update.

bowler
03-22-2010, 12:34 PM
i got this off a website.
There is no public fishing - only Arrowhead Lake Association members and their guests are allowed to fish the lake, and boat launching is prohibited by any persons other than members of the Arrowhead Lake Association. Boat rentals are not available at Lake Arrowhead.

http://www.californiafishingonline.com/lake_arrowhead.html

SeaSick17
03-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I just found out that if I am a guest at the UCLA center, I am allowed to fish there.

tenderloin
03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
The conference area used to be good many moons ago. The area where the stream comes in..depending on the water flow. If the stream has enough water give that a shot as well. I used to catch many fish both up in the stream and at the mouth..again all depending on flow.

Enjoy

Natural Lefty
03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
That makes me wonder what it takes to be a guest of the UCLA Conference Center.

Anyway, Good Luck, Seasick! There is a nice cove there, and the water flows out (not in) when it is high. I was a guest there a long time ago, and we didn't have to pay, but it was for a psychology conference, and I didn't have any fishing equipment with me at the time.

SeaSick17
03-23-2010, 09:02 AM
I am going for a high school conference are learning communities

fishmounter
03-23-2010, 10:07 AM
My father and family got invited to stay for 3 days at a private "cabin" (Eight bedrooms, eight bathrooms!) right on the lake a few years ago. We had our own dock and access to a large area of shoreline. I had probably the best big Bluegill fishing I've ever had. Lots of Smallmouth Bass too.

SeaSick17
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
My father and family got invited to stay for 3 days at a private "cabin" (Eight bedrooms, eight bathrooms!) right on the lake a few years ago. We had our own dock and access to a large area of shoreline. I had probably the best big Bluegill fishing I've ever had. Lots of Smallmouth Bass too.

I hope its the same come wed-fri

MIKE Q
03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Anyone know if you can rent a cabin on the lake and bring your own boat? I would really like to try and catch some of those Smallies.

bowler
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone know if you can rent a cabin on the lake and bring your own boat? I would really like to try and catch some of those Smallies.

Big Bear also has some Smallies they were plant from Lake Arrowhead.

bowler
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM

Big Bear also has some Smallies they were plant from Lake Arrowhead.