PDA

View Full Version : Castaic lagoon 4 hrs..3/21

jeff4321
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
The moon must be blue, cuz im posting a report.

Went to the lagoon yesterday from 330 to 730, as I was walking over the bridge on lake hughes, i noticed a couple guys fishing. Looked down and saw it, Bass central. alot of em were cruisin for forage, but i looked a little harder and closer to the bottom.. BED FISH! Luckily I had my Revo SX w/ 12 lb seaguar, and you know how it goes from there..

me and my buddy caught 6, 5 of which were on beds, all fish released. im not even gunna tell you the spot cuz you can guess where we were fishing..

also saw a family fishing, the guy was using seriously, an 8/0 treble hook trying to snag all the bed fish, had he had polarized sunglasses on, i fear it would have been WAY worse... i went up to him and let him know whats up. punched him in the face, snapped his rod, ate his children, and burned his village.

2 lbr w/ a bad hold
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/jeff4321/roryfish.jpg

Another solid fish
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/jeff4321/bridgedink.jpg

PIG! SO STOKED
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/jeff4321/bridgelunker.jpg

lalo56
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Cool, Yeah i saw you guys fishing that spot. I only fished for about 1-2 hrs.

Fishbones
03-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Nice...ffeeesssshhhhh!!!

Shore Stalker
03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Next time you and a buddy are pulling bass off beds do the fish a favor and have your buddy watch the bed while you reel the fish in. If he has polarized glasses on he will be able to see the Bluegill come in and just trash the nest like a horde of Piranha. My Dad and his buddy had a great spot for bedding fish but once they saw what the Bluegill were doing they weren't having any more fun so they moved on.

I doubt those fish will be there next weekend. They are now destined to become Bass tacos.

Rabbito
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Here is my theory on catching bedding fish. If you dont catch them and release them then some meat fisherman will come and take them and eat them. The fish are far less likely to bite once the have been hauled out of the water photographed and released.

DEADROOTS
03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Did you guys haul those all the way up from on top of the bridge elevator style? I tried that two years ago with no bites. LOL

MIKE Q
03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow, I also saw you guys up there while fishing from my float tube at the dock. My buddy wanted to go up there so bad, but I told him why those guys are just probably catching crappie and bluegill. Man, was I wrong and my buddy is pissed off at me after he saw you're photos. Thanks :-) a lot.

Great photos and really glad to hear you guys are all about C&R.

Bass Attack
03-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Those are some really nice fish. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you ate that guys kids, burned his village and kept all of his women. Props on the release!

marzocchi
03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
i went up to him and let him know whats up. punched him in the face, snapped his rod, ate his children, and burned his village.

ROFL...that was funny

LuvThymetal
03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Nice looking fish !! It's pretty obvious where that spot is lol.

jeff4321
03-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Next time you and a buddy are pulling bass off beds do the fish a favor and have your buddy watch the bed while you reel the fish in. If he has polarized glasses on he will be able to see the Bluegill come in and just trash the nest like a horde of Piranha. My Dad and his buddy had a great spot for bedding fish but once they saw what the Bluegill were doing they weren't having any more fun so they moved on.

I doubt those fish will be there next weekend. They are now destined to become Bass tacos.

yeah man. tottally bass tacos, and ill throw my bass taco feces at your face. shut up.

fishinone
03-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Nice catch!

I'm glad to hear you didn't hurt the guy.

Fire Ball
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Wtf? Catching them off the bridge!? Nice!! That last one was a HAWG. How did you even get that one up on the bridge? Lol. Nice job on the hawg! Man, I have to go get some bridge bass, lol.. It is unfortunate that people are trying to snag the fish. I would have gone over and snagged the guy trying to snag fish! LOL

Ray Lopez
03-23-2010, 07:24 AM
bwhahahahaha nice report jeff lol bwhahahaha. Man when we gonna fish together again brother!!!!! (said like macho man randy savage snap into a slim jim ooooh yea brother!!!)

I'm suprised you didn't get hasseled by the man tho. Damn cops have giving me crap just for looking down there while walking back home a few times. Once they told me i was not allowed to look down off the bridge hahahahaa. I just laughed and said you must be kidding and then he said "you trying to be smart with me?" So i just said naw man and left home lol. Good haul tho bro.

TroutOnly
03-23-2010, 07:40 AM
nice bass jeff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

jeff4321
03-23-2010, 02:24 PM
bwhahahahaha nice report jeff lol bwhahahaha. Man when we gonna fish together again brother!!!!! (said like macho man randy savage snap into a slim jim ooooh yea brother!!!)

I'm down whenever mangg. Its funny that you mention the cops, cuz they drove right by and didnt stop or anything.

Ray Lopez
03-23-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm down whenever mangg. Its funny that you mention the cops, cuz they drove right by and didnt stop or anything.
they must of messed with me because i'm a mexican, they always try to keep the brown man down lol hahahahahaaaa

McFingers
03-24-2010, 08:47 AM
I think I just might have to be a troll and hit up that spot this weekend. I may even try to get there tomorrow or Friday after work.

But with my luck, I wont get anything and have to walk a mile to my spot.

Nice Fish, Nice Pics, and nice policing on the spawner troller. I hate d-bags like that. Seriously, if you need to catch fish SO BAD that you are using that type of hook to snag em', me things you need to get your *** a better job so that you can find a better way to get food for you and your family. Where is DFG enforcement when you need them?

Ffejrobins30
03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
1. Fishing off that bridge is illegal, there's a sign right there...

2. How did you release them? That's at least a 15 ft. drop. There's no way they survived that drop if you tossed them back in. It's at least 25 ft util you get off the concrete, then it's only 2 ft deep until the rocks. Good job on killing a bunch of spawning fish.

Ray Lopez
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM

2. How did you release them? That's at least a 15 ft. drop. There's no way they survived that drop if you tossed them back in. It's at least 25 ft util you get off the concrete, then it's only 2 ft deep until the rocks. Good job on killing a bunch of spawning fish.

PM Maybe? I think so.

Fire Ball
03-24-2010, 09:43 AM

I was wondering how you guys released them too, but didn't say anything. I remember seeing the sign on the bridge too and I'm surprised the cops passed you and didn't do anything!

LuvThymetal
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Hmm yeah that's pretty weird. Maybe they had some kind of bucket to put them in then released them. Because i mean dropping them from the bridge probably would kill them, if it's 15ft like you guys are saying.

jeff4321
03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
I ran them to shore, it takes what.. 20- 30 seconds to get there?

jeff4321
03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
good job on killing a bunch of spawning fish.

thanks bro! It was a really killer time.

addict
03-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Nice job on the pouched bass ,not much difference between snaging a fish and ripping it off its nest.Actually snagging might be more difficult.Bottom line you were fishing illegaly and made a fishing report out of it ,you guys are so cooool.

xxxmanxxx
03-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Nice job on the pouched bass ,not much difference between snaging a fish and ripping it off its nest.Actually snagging might be more difficult.Bottom line you were fishing illegaly and made a fishing report out of it ,you guys are so cooool.

since when is bed fishing illegal? You are an idiot!! and probably suck at fishing too.:Envious:

jeff4321
03-25-2010, 10:46 AM
since when is bed fishing illegal? You are an idiot!! and probably suck at fishing too.:Envious:

THANK YOU. ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE ****ING STUPID, This is exactly why i dont post cuz 95.8% of you guys are retarded beyond help.

Ray Lopez
03-25-2010, 08:39 PM
THANK YOU. ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE ****ING STUPID, This is exactly why i dont post cuz 95.8% of you guys are retarded beyond help.

yea jeff lets get back to keping all out fish and making bbq picture reports bwahahahahahaa KEEP ALL BASS!!!! LOL

haters bro thats all it is

LuvThymetal
03-25-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm just wondering that's all. You guys are taking it up the anus. Ppl are saying it's illegal to fish from that bridge so idk, just saying !!

addict
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM

Bed fishing is not illegal ,but fishing from the bridge is so your the one who is an idiot and ya I suck at fishing

addict
03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
yea jeff lets get back to keping all out fish and making bbq picture reports bwahahahahahaa KEEP ALL BASS!!!! LOL

haters bro thats all it is
That might hurt your chances to get in the bass Hall Of Fame ray ,you might not be all these rookies hero anymore I know you dont want that.

Ffejrobins30
03-28-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't mind if you take fish home. The bottom line is that you have the legal right to keep your limit as long as they are caught legally. People may frown on it, but it's your right.

I just don't like seeing people do things that are obviously bad for the fish that you catch if you are going to release them. Dragging them across 15 ft of concrete covered with 2 inches of water, then hauling them up another 15 ft, taking a picture, and running back down to the shore, all while fishing illegaly from a bridge that's marked "No Fishing" does not make you a very consciencious angler. I'm not hating, I just don't think you should be congratulated for it. They are nice fish, but I doubt that they will be completing the spawn this year.

LuvThymetal
03-28-2010, 06:38 PM

ROFL !!! your a dumbass dude. I'm talking about fishing from that bridge wowowow

Ray Lopez
03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
That might hurt your chances to get in the bass Hall Of Fame ray ,you might not be all these rookies hero anymore I know you dont want that.

oh no never i would hate it if people didn't like me. Whatever would i do? OMFG i would just die!!!! You sure do think i give two craps about what others think about me on internet land. lol

lalo56
03-28-2010, 08:36 PM
oh no never i would hate it if people didn't like me. Whatever would i do? OMFG i would just die!!!! You sure do think i give two craps about what others think about me on internet land. lol

Your cool in my book! Karma is a B. Karma takes you a long way.

lalo56
03-28-2010, 08:39 PM
I may hit the lagoon tomorrow. Try some rapalas, jigs and plastics.

MIKE Q
03-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Good luck Lalo. My buddy and I fished the Lagoon today for 5 hours out on our float tubes. We only caught two; :Sad:either I don't know how to fish or the bass still aren't very active. Let me know how you do.
I may hit the lagoon tomorrow. Try some rapalas, jigs and plastics.

sardean
04-01-2010, 02:18 PM

You might not care about internet land.but you will cross paths with some of these people you talk **** to. In real life.....