PDA

View Full Version : DVL 3/20 Report with Pics

ToonaTangler
03-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Headed to DVL saturday morning with my good friend Mike and his son dustin and his girlfreind tasha to see what we could get to bite. It didnt take long for us to get hooked up with some nice little 1-3lbs fish in the 5-20ft depths fishing drop shot purple fx roboworms. Saw quite a few males starting to make some beds but not many females around although we saw a huge 12-15lb swimming around in one area but she was free swimming so we made no attempts at her. By the end of the day there were little guys all over the place but again nothing of any size so hopefully another week of this weather they will all be up in full spawn mode. Also some huge trout right at the ramp along with a decent 3-4lb bass getting his bed ready, I mean within 5 ft of the ramp you will see him for sure if your going out anytime soon. All in all it was a great day on the water as Dustins girlfriend has never fished before and she was able to land a few fish her first time out so that was good to see. Thats all for now good luck and tightlines out there.

ddoskocil
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Nice job, good pics (I need to learn to upload mine!). I'll be back out there this weekend! Love the weather, can't wait.

Fresh One !!!
03-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Hey Toonatangler.. Its me Mike.. those are some great pics you got of my son Dustin and I and his girlfriend !! Thanks !!! Its was great fishing.. too bad you were in the back of the boat and didn't catch much !!LOL !!! Maybe I will invite you up to the front of the boat with me next time..and show you how to catch fish.. not just go fishing. HA HA LOL.. Anyway, thanks for being a great friend and we need to go again now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ToonaTangler
03-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Lol yeah fishing the old beat up water trolling my drop shot rig was sweet while you could see all the bed fish before I did...lol I would do the same thing!! Cant wait though to go back its gettin pretty good right now.

Fresh One !!!
03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Yes, well as you know my fish all came from 10-20 feet of water. I leave all of the sight fishing to my son and you.. you guys need all of the help you can get !!!LOL besides the ABA tourney didnt help things either..

ToonaTangler
03-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Lol you got that right, your a great fisherman I will give you that but your even a better friend so its all good in the hood! Lets go out Friday or something soon!

ART HILL
03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Great job getting everybody on fish. Looks like the fishing has busted wide open.

oscarbassman
03-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Damn man, DVL Looks hot... One day ill take the time and head over there lol.

kgselect
03-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Very nice. Looks like a great day on the water at DVL. How's the water level? Be out there in 2 weeks.