PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Striper Help

Monkeerow
03-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone, I know there's a lot of experience on this board, so I'm asking for help.

Everytime I go out to Castaic for striper, we always end up with 1 or 2 or like today, the stripe. How do you guys get these fish wide open? We search high and low for the schools, and can't find any on our fishfinder. We tried umbrella rigs, bait n wait, topwater, nothing seems to be highly effective. Can I get some pointers/spots/tips? Thanks in advance all.

SDDave
03-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Time on the water, stay away from dock talk or internet chatter, Like this....
Hire a guide.
I've been putting a few in the boat as of late, I'm using rip baits, lotta work, one fish per 100 casts or less
A lot of times I'll get a follower and this will clue me in on what i need to do, slow it down speed it up.
Main lake points like center point, the point by sharrons rest, back of Elizebeth Canyon, the school I found in the back or E canyon was huge, nicer grade of fish to.
You might try leadcore and the smaller pointer series Lucky crafts, troll slow..... main lake points, submered islands, use sonar, if you dont have it get Fishing Hot Spots California Lake Maps, the water is very clear right now this will help in locating high spots...
Good luck, again your best chance is time on the water, you can't get bit if your not out there, Dave