PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear with Da Boys

FSHNLIC
03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Hit up Big Bear again today with the boys in search of some more full fin rainbows.... Started off a bit rough as I found a lot of company at my spot and really couldn't get where the fish were... So we took off played in the snow a bit and checked out a couple other spots with no luck.. Came back to my spot and found that most everyone left...... and the slayage began!!!! Today, the fish preferred the crappie jigs, with only a couple on the panther martin, and no love on the powerworm.... We managed about 10 between us for about an hour's worth of fishing.... Could of done some more damage but the little one was getting cold...... Anyhew all fish again were 14-16 inches with the biggest going a couple pounds... Talked with another guy who said his friend got a 5lbr the night before...

TroutOnly
03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
what side of the lake were you at,cause theres a couple spots that always produce holdovers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,, NICE TROUT,,,,,,,,,,,,

FSHNLIC
03-21-2010, 06:48 PM
I figured if anybody, you'd be hip to this spot.... Northside.... Nothing going on for the Southside yet

diamondbear
03-21-2010, 07:28 PM
looks like the fawnskin area, thanks for reporting . looks cold .

Trout 1
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
NICE man!! You gotta love those full tails!!

Trout 1

bowler
03-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Grout creek is no fishing there in till Momorail Day weekend look it up in the rules book.

(19.5) Big Bear Lake tributaries (San Bernardino Co.).
Saturday preceding Memorial Day through last day of Feb.
5 per day 10 in possession

FSHNLIC
03-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Grout creek is no fishing there in till Momorail Day weekend look it up in the rules book.

(19.5) Big Bear Lake tributaries (San Bernardino Co.).
Saturday preceding Memorial Day through last day of Feb.
5 per day 10 in possession

I know.... that's why I was fishing the lake.... Game Warden was out checking for that and licenses today which is good to see

MAN VS WILD
03-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Nice!! Those full tail fish must of put up a good fight. Great job!!

FISH ON!!!

Piss on Myspace
03-22-2010, 09:01 PM
attttaboy... joe looks like he got a little to close to the lake in one of the pics. must have been chasin after that loose bakugan.....see what happens when im YOUR coach... find out about allllll the good spots. haha. but that one, that looks like your gonna take a bite out of, sure is perrrty. im loving the colors. fish like that is why guys chase tail... thanks for taking it easy on them. im thinkin about either that spot or making the trip to the reservoir tomorrow. either way i let ya know.

AngryAgent
03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Nice fish mang! I am going to get my butt up there pretty soon with the runoff about to happen the toads are ready to feed! You're going to nail one here pretty soon yourself if you keep at it. GOod luck to you!

JimmisLine
03-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Nice report

gvlflyguy
03-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Nice job on the bows!

MammothMagic
03-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Right on great looking fish and great looking time. sure wish I could take my kayak out I hate that rule.

Cameron
03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Wow nice lookin bows there.I took the kids last Wed.to the cut off but kids had trouble setting the hook,lol.I was going to head to the north shore this Wed. but may head down to Santa Ana south.Weather is a bit chilly with a breeze today.Really cant wait till the spring bite jumps off,luv them holdovers.