PDA

View Full Version : Third weekend in a row at the river

BULLDOGBOOGERS
03-21-2010, 06:59 AM
well i got into blythe thursday morning, my first stop was b & b bait shop......and to my disbelief they were sold out of goldfish & crawdads....o-well what could i do......they said the truck should be in within the next few hours.......so i said to myself i will go to my bluegill hole and try and catch some gills.......i caught 21 gills within 45 min's......but they were small. i then went back to the bait shop.....and hung around the shop for over two hours.....and got to know the lady at the cash register pretty well......she was nice.....and even put me to work counting wormes......12 in a container...i didn't mind.......it made the time go by faster....after doing that for about an hour......a guy named bobbie walked in.....and i told him the story......he told me to hop in his truck and he would get me some goldfish......we drove about 2 miles from the bait shop to the gold fish farm and i picked up 24 goldfish.....huge goldfish !! almost as big as my hand !! and i have big hands...(see pic) thanks again b & b for helping out the old bulldog !! i ended up launching my boat out of mc intyre camp ground about 8 miles away....the water level was high...i never even saw any sand bars... i got on the main river and found my fishing hole.......i caught one flathead thursday night.....on a bluegill..... friday morning i head back down river to luckie33's fishing spot......but the wind was starting to pick up....so i got back on the main river and went back to my own stomping grounds......up river..... the wind was blowing up to 25 miles an hour.......it was no fun at all !! i fished all day & night but only caught two channels.......but it was a fun trip........ 21 bluegills 1 flathead & 2 channels....... when i was fishing my hole..a large creature was circling my bayliner.....i didn't know what he wanted... maybe food....as long as he didn't try and get into the boat......because he wouldn't last long......the bulldog well protected when he goes to the river by himself.......see pic's !

the bulldog out...see ya when i see ya !!

plumbertom
03-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Scott, that was a muskrat. they're all over the place along the river. Wait until you get in the way of one of those beavers down there.
The are about 4-5 ft long
I've had them come up along side the boat and dive while splashing with their tail. Throws water all over you. It can be really startling if you happen to be dosing.

scca
03-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Nice job out there Bulldog !! That's good to hear the bluegill bite is picking up. It's been tough to get them over the last month or so. See you out there in a couple of weeks.

blackberg
03-21-2010, 05:10 PM
nice going out there, again!,

what where you going to do if he wanted to come aboard? give him some hennesey? lol

-bb

Frenchy
03-21-2010, 09:29 PM
ok 1 those are the biggest goldfish ive ever seen and 2 who wants to be my guide out there

sansou
03-22-2010, 12:07 AM
Nice job BDB !!

See you and the crew out there again soon!

scca
03-22-2010, 06:52 AM
ok 1 those are the biggest goldfish ive ever seen and 2 who wants to be my guide out there

We are heading back in a couple of weeks. The bite is getting better. Stripers to 16lb are biting,Flatheads are waking up in the main river and backwaters. So it should be good !!!!