PDA

View Full Version : San Onofre with my older son, w/pics

murrieta angler
03-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Asked the kids who wanted to fish from the surf today with me, and only my older boy said ok.
I woke at 5:30 and got the boy up at 5;45. He had some breakfast while I got the gear together.
I decided to just kick back in a chair and throw some squid out in the surf today.
We arrived at 7:45, an hour after low tide, I figured we would work the incoming high tide at 11:30ish.
There were no other guys on the beach fishing, just about 40-50 surfers. I don't know why so many when the surf report said 2-3 foot waves. Oh well!?
We were there about 1/2 an hour when my rod gets bent, but I was too slow to react and my line got cut off..:Surprised: No big, there's more out there. I tell my son he would take the next fish. After an hour he lands this,

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/SanOnonfreGabe1.jpg

His first leaopard shark. He was pretty ...:Big Grin: Then he starts ragging on me to get a fish on. It was about 1 1/2 hours later before we got another bite,

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/SanOnofre.jpg

A little butterlip perch, I beleive?! We ended up with only those 2 fish ( which were released ). We lost out on at least 4 other fish and 2 surfers...:LOL:
Had a nice time with my son today, even though he wanted to leave so early. I woulda stayed till after dark by myself.
Everyone Take Care,
Robert

ryryk
03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Looks like a good time! Nice job beatin the skunk off for u n your son.
Gotta get myself out in the surf!

Thanks for the report

klocked
03-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Nice way to spend some time with your son Robert. Nice little Leo your son caught too.

DEADROOTS
03-20-2010, 05:49 PM
I love those small leopard sharks, they look so cool!

victor101
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Nice Going Rober. I need to head south and fish the surf one of these days...I

hakaveli
03-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Nice going on them fish'es CATCH CATCHC CATCH

murrieta angler
03-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Looks like a good time! Nice job beatin the skunk off for u n your son.
Gotta get myself out in the surf!

Thanks for the report

Thanks ryryk,
When I take the kids I try to make sure to get them on something before myself. They tend to get bored real quick.
If you want to head down during the week, let me know, most of the time I'm off during the week.
Robert

murrieta angler
03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice way to spend some time with your son Robert. Nice little Leo your son caught too.

I try to get him, especially him cause of the Wii, to get out and see the sun once in a while.
Take It Easy,
Robert

murrieta angler
03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
I love those small leopard sharks, they look so cool!

The eyes on them are really cool looking also.

murrieta angler
03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Nice Going Rober. I need to head south and fish the surf one of these days...I

Let me know when Victor,
Today in the ice chest I had BBQ tri-tip, BBQ chicken, BBQ asparagus, apples, oranges, jerky, chips and lots of water.
Take Care & See You Soon,
Robert

murrieta angler
03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Nice going on them fish'es CATCH CATCHC CATCH

You didn't do to bad yourself out there today Hak!
Robert

Wingnut
03-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Gotta love those Leos, wait until you tangle with a bigger unit. :Twisted:
Nice day with your son Robert, good job Dad. :Cool:

murrieta angler
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Gotta love those Leos, wait until you tangle with a bigger unit. :Twisted:
Nice day with your son Robert, good job Dad. :Cool:

Thanks Arthur,
When are we gonna see you teaching your children how to fish and most of all, learn patience..hehe
Take Care,
Robert

Fishbones
03-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Great time out for sure robert.....couldnt ask for more...thanks for the report.....

flyngby
03-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Robert,

Time spent with the son is always the best of times! I have not been able to get my son out since he caught the money fish in the "Spots for Tots " toy drive tourney in NPH over a year ago!

I always get up to early and can't drag his 17 y/o body out like I used to!

Thanks for the report!!

Steve

DockRat
03-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Next time get a pic of the baby leopard biting his finger. It doesn't hurt, sandpaper teeth.

Makes good conversation when you tell the relatives how a SHARK bit down on your boys finger.

' WHAT, OMG ' then show them the pic.

I try to get him, especially him cause of the Wii, to get out and see the sun once in a while.

Looks like he could use some sun. http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q315/kimandchris2/Avatars/Cartoon%20Avatars/Cartoon3.jpg
The more you take him the less bored he will be.
DR

murrieta angler
03-29-2010, 08:52 AM
I love my son to death, but, he is a computer geek more than a fisherman. I went again this past Saturday and he passed for a new game....geeez