PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake info please

Trout-Chaser
03-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Doing some online recon of possible places to fish near me and was wondering about Pyramid (the one off the 5). I can't find a main website for for the lake. Do they have one? Anyone been to the lake lately? One site I found said you could only use a single barbless hook! Is that true?

Bassnman Mike
03-20-2010, 03:16 PM
One site I found said you could only use a single barbless hook! Is that true?

Your thinking of Pyramid Lake Nevada. Pyramid Lake CA, on the 5, is a normal lake. It has Bass, largemouth, smallmouth and Stripers. It also has trout, bluegill and crappie. Normal CA fishing rules apply.

I love the lake during the cooler months, fantastic fishing, but once it starts to warm up it gets over run with "Water Fleas" on the weekend

fishfinder
03-20-2010, 03:17 PM
they don't have a website. but you can use any kind of hooks you want. basically the same rules as any other lake. here are some phone numbers for there. Landing entrance booth, 661-295-7155, concession 661-257-2790, or Forest Service 661-296-9710. $9 to aprk $9 to launch a boat. you can float tube and there is no launch fee. can also kayak there. shore fishing sucks though. very hit and miss and not much acces, unless you walk a lot.

Trout-Chaser
03-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys--that helps a lot. I do plan to fish from shore--a guy I work with (ex-bass tourney angler) showed me on a map where to go for the crappie bite. And a little walk never bothers me!:Big Grin:
He hasn't been there in a couple years though, so I won't be expecting a miracle. Could be a nice adventure though.

Kilo818
03-20-2010, 09:01 PM
its a great lake im going out there sunday ill let you know what goes on but i never get skunked there or if you want your more than welcome to join me

Shore Stalker
03-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Bottom fishing is a bust right now. The lake weeds got way out of control last year and now that they died there is a 2 inch layer of brown snow made of decaying vegetation. The lake lice need to steer the lake up to get ride of it all before the weeds come back. When that happens shore fishing is over.