PDA

View Full Version : i want to try using trout roe, can you buy it anywhere???????????

jumpman
03-18-2010, 05:09 PM
I have always thrown my roe away while cleaning but i would like to try using it, is there anywhere that sells roe in theyre bait dept.? please let me know. thanks
jm

BrandonFish
03-18-2010, 05:31 PM
trout roe is always best fresh im not sure where you could buy it from

AngryAgent
03-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Catch a few trout and then squeeze like fresh orange juice:Envious:

BrandonFish
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Catch a few trout and then squeeze like fresh orange juice:Envious:

yea right now is the time to do that =P

jumpman
03-18-2010, 05:40 PM
yeah i can just get it from some when i catch them, i was just ancious and wanted to make a roe atractant to take with me tomorrow morning to glen helen

troutdog
03-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Ha-ha cool avatar jumpman!

Not sure where you plan on fishing, but if you stop at the fish cleaning area before heading to your spot I bet you can find all you want!

Good luck and let us know how it worked for you,

TD

jumpman
03-18-2010, 05:48 PM
thanks troutdog, i will check it and see if it has any although i will be there early and i am guessing they will have cleaned it or it dried or animals but..... it is for sure worth it to check. i am going to glen helen if you wanna join. today there was no fishing due to stocking day but before the lunch truck arrived i sat and watched the lake, these fish are hungry lots of energy in the water.

AngryAgent
03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
yea right now is the time to do that =P

It's practically falling out of them right now. A crap load of trout I caught last week and the week before were just bursting at the seams with roe. I wasn't even touching a trout I was releasing, I had the line in one hand (trout still in the water) and my hemostats in the other taking the hook out and this thing was just spewing it out the back door!

watrfreak
03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
I talked to a ranger when i left last time. He told me they didnt have a cleaning station at Glen Helen. He could have been new or just an idiot.

Danny300
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
jumpman......if you want some trout roe, I have some in the freezer. I'm in Rubidoux, so your not to far from me. Drop me a PM if you want it

Swank909
03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Damn I was torn between Glen Helen tomorrow or Guasti, I have some roe in the freezer but dont know what you look like if i end up going to Glen Helen. Shoot me a PM (or come to guasti lol)

Swank909
03-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Nvm headed to guasti tmw! I'll save what I have for next time!

FISHINGBEE
03-19-2010, 05:39 PM
jumpman......if you want some trout roe, I have some in the freezer. I'm in Rubidoux, so your not to far from me. Drop me a PM if you want it Yah just freeze it. Its no good when it is starting to single up. Works great if its that sticky balled up stuff. Form it on a treble hook. Works best fly lined no weight. Whwn it is frozen or cold you can cut into chunks. Leave bail open loose line the trout will find the roe fast. It is very oily and lets out a smell in the water. Can be like using candy. Usually will outfish any other bait. I always have some in my freezer in a medicine bottle. I take just enough for a trip throw away the stuff i bring along if not needed. Unless it still looks fresh not black.

Fishingbee