View Full Version : 3rd Week of Rockfishing on the 'Shoe'

JapanRon
03-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Ops .... I forgot to post here !!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0317ezineRpt10.jpg

sansou
03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
60 fathoms, 58 deg, and off-color?

...and you still had the patience to drop pure plastics down? You are hardcore or stubborn!! ha ha!!

I'm betting BOTH. But I also suspect that's what makes you a good fisherman!!!

(cool line cutters....looks definately something the marlin guys would make good use of)

murrieta angler
03-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey Ron,
How are things going? Enjoyed the report and pictures, nice ling, I hope to get one this year, last year only had 1 and it was a shorty.
Were you being sarcastic about the lizard fish?!
Take Care,
Robert

troutdog
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the report Ron, always cool to check out the 411 you provide....

TD

Tunaslam
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Ron I know you like fishing, of course mixing in a little catching adds to the pleasure. Also when in Rome do as the Romans do! Maybe next time they will bite the plastics. You might try a Lucanus setup or a knock off, almost like fishing plastics, but they do work better in deeper water!

Cory

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Always look foward to your reports Ron...great job again and keep it up...
i started laughing when you said the deckhand was hosing down the empty sacks....lol
keep at the plastic only mentality....its hardcore and gets much respect from me....Fishbones

JapanRon
03-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi sansou,

Thanks. But those PBers were out there too throwing the rubber. Ya .... one day I'm more hardcore that stubborn ... then ... the next I'm just the opposite ....... more stubborn than hardcore !! Fishing method and tenacity level still the same !! :)

Yes, those cutters would be super fast for a release or cutting lines too !! I can just hear it now ..... on one of those 1-day Albi trips ... 'Hey, deck ..... I'm wraped with 10 other of my closest rail-buddies' .... snip snip snip !!

later,

JapanRon

JapanRon
03-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi troutdog,

Thanks. Still remember your last trip's report and look forward to your next outing.

JapanRon

JapanRon
03-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi Tunaslam,

Appreciate the encouragement. At this time of year we're in Rome all right but when a slave, it's straightaway to the Coliseum !! ha ha ha Having fished years and years in deeper waters ,and moderately successful at that, the alternative, and more effective fish-catching options are legion ! You're just gonna have to accept that there's someone out there that doesn't feel they've got to catch a fish ... whatever legal means it takes on a trip ! :)

You are one of the ultimate medium/deep-water Rockfish gurus I know and of course your advice is solid. Enjoyed the show and time we spent there. By now, you should pretty much have given up on luring me away from my personal challenge !!

We both missed our first invites on the 'new' Boat in town but I had a look at her on the dock and she looks just as good as in the pictures of her refurbishing. Gonna be great fun fishing with a fellow VN vet and all for sure.

JapanRon

JapanRon
03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi fishbones,

Appreciate your obvious effort in making your great reports !! Read them twice as I do certain other posters. Yes, It was kinda wierd and maybe he was trying to instill the habit in the new second deck. I swear about the 4th time he went around I noticed that there were only 3~4 bags out of 20 + that even had a fish in them ........ a little past mid-way thru the morning !!

Hopefully, when the Barracuda bite starts, he'll still be doing the same thing.

JapanRon

Chito
03-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Great detailed report.....and its sucks that you were skunked

But its always good to just be out there fishing with your buddies and having a good time!!!

Until next time i always say!

JapanRon
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi Chito,

Thanks. Look forward to your next trip and report.

JapanRon