PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lake 3/17 - After School Session

Fire Ball
03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
My dad and I drove up to the Upper Lake today a little while after I got home from school. We got and there, launched, and made our way to our first spot. Nothing there for a while, so we moved on to the next spot. We fished this spot for a little while and then made another move, but we metered some fish hanging tight on some cover so we decided to cast over where I thought it was. On the second cast to the area, I hooked up within 10 seconds. It was a fun fight and I pulled up a nice bass weighing almost 2 lbs. It had two little leeches in its mouth and had a nice fat belly, but you can't tell from the picture. We fished a couple more spots for nothing, but I am probably going back tomorrow for another after school session. The fish was caught in around 20 ft of water. We only got a couple hours in, but it was still fun.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2831/bass22.jpg

Kilo818
03-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Nice catch brother

TopwaterTony
03-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Good catch, glad to see the LMBs are getting pulled out again. He looks kinda thin though, the pic kinda looks like he's got a striper body. Hopefully the shad come up soon and he can fill that belly more.

Fire Ball
03-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Good catch, glad to see the LMBs are getting pulled out again. He looks kinda thin though, the pic kinda looks like he's got a striper body. Hopefully the shad come up soon and he can fill that belly more.

Actually, he wasn't very thin. His belly was bulging out the sides and not from the bottom of the fish, so you can't see it from the pictures. I should have taken some pictures of the belly from a different angle. Kinda looked like a golf ball in his stomach, lol.

sidified
03-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Way to go, Fire Ball...keep up the after school regimen when you can...I'm going to execute a full frontal assault tomorrow morning....booyah!!

superbigfish
03-17-2010, 11:20 PM
like your skirt. blade eagles are awesome.

LuvThymetal
03-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Nice catch !! Finally without a sweater WTF !!

fishinone
03-18-2010, 09:26 AM
It's nice to hear your getting out after school. The time change is great for fishing.

Were the leeches attached or had it eaten them?

Fire Ball
03-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Way to go, Fire Ball...keep up the after school regimen when you can...I'm going to execute a full frontal assault tomorrow morning....booyah!!

Will do, haha. :Death2Above:
Tell me how you do. Hopefully I can get out there today after school.

like your skirt. blade eagles are awesome.

Do you mean my shirt? Lol, I always seem to have awesome shirts. :Twisted:

Nice catch !! Finally without a sweater WTF !!

I know! Finally! I was sweating yesterday, lol.

AmBASSador
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice fish! Definitely a hilarious shirt...

Trout-Chaser
03-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Nice fish--and hardly recognized you outside your tube! So you do have legs! lol

oscarbassman
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
nice bass man, I still have to try this castaic place everyone is talking about.

I was planning on going out there on the 20th, but I decided to fish the derby here in the high desert :(

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 12:09 PM
nice fish fireball.....good job bro...cant beat the after school bass trip....nice!!!

Fire Ball
03-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice fish! Definitely a hilarious shirt...

Thanks, lol. :Cool:

Nice fish--and hardly recognized you outside your tube! So you do have legs! lol

:ROFL: Look out for some more tube reports! I might go two times this weekend or maybe boat once and tube once.

nice fish fireball.....good job bro...cant beat the after school bass trip....nice!!!

Thanks fishbones. Daylight savings time is awesome. It means that I can actually get on the water at the Upper Lake instead of just night fish the Goon!