PDA

View Full Version : Hoopers Busted !

DockRat
03-17-2010, 08:11 PM
A friend went out Tue night with some divers and when they came in to King Harbor they were met by DFG.
After getting checked for license's, report cards, and bugs measured they were let go.

Then a boat came in with some hoopers and DFG swooped in. My buddy stuck around to watch.

Turns out they had 9 undersize bugs. :Shocked:

After it was all over my buddy asked the F&G officer what kind of fine those guys are facing? He told him it's about $900. per bug. :Shocked:

DR

ahhvtec
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
OUCH! That's gonna hurt...

Danny300
03-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Woo hoo!!!! Good job dfg!!

Señor.Chilax
03-18-2010, 11:22 AM
HAHAHA! Very Nice!

murrieta angler
03-18-2010, 06:44 PM
That's only $8,100!?!
MAN, they coulda ate at The Lobster for a week and paid alot less...lol

fisherman from long beach
03-18-2010, 07:36 PM
that is just crazy, nnnoootttt worth it follow the rules their there for a reason,so we can have a good bug hunt next year assholes.

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
dang....sucks to be them...hahahahaha you got what you deserve...lol
good job dfg....get them bug snatchers off the water....

flyngby
03-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Should have confiscated their Gear and Boat also to really teach them a lesson!

Could have sold it at auction to hire more wardens!

Just my opinion!

Great job to the understaffed wardens! Probably a few others got away with the same thing while the wardens were processing these knuckle heads!

Steve

DEADROOTS
03-21-2010, 02:23 AM
The problem that currently exist with hiring more DFG officers in southern California is that it requires for a person to have a minimum of a 4 year degree (Bachelors) in Biology to earn roughly $30-40k a year and there aren't too many people out there with those qualifications that are willing to take that role. According to agent that I spoke to, there are less than a hand full of them currently working our local zones (LA county). We need more people which are driven and are willing to be educated in science to eventually harass A-holes for a minimal income.

Lipripper93561
06-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I started the DFG entrence program, got signed up and accepted for the academy, tons of paperwork, background check, polygraph, etc then of course, since California is so broke, the canceled the academy. DFG always has jobs listed on thier website, but none of them get filled due to budget constraints, blah blah blah. Salary tops off pretty low, mid 60's I believe, but overtime is where the wardens make their money, just like the police, fire etc. It's always nice to see a poacher get busted.

Sparky70
08-14-2010, 11:35 AM
:Dead Horse::Dead Horse:Ouch!
$900 per bug? Thats enough to make a dead man C*M......

Sparky70
08-14-2010, 11:42 AM
DFG wardens are rejects from the Sheriff, Police, and Fire Dept.

smokehound
08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
DFG wardens are rejects from the Sheriff, Police, and Fire Dept.Only better behaved and they dont treat you like an animal when they speak to you.

thats the major difference. A cop will be a smartass, and if you try to be funny, they get pissed.

DFG officer: "Afternoon, sir. Have any luck in the harbor today?"

Cop: "Shut up. Sit on the curb and cross your ankles, keep your hands where I can see them!"

WARRIORMIKE
08-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Only better behaved and they dont treat you like an animal when they speak to you.

thats the major difference. A cop will be a smartass, and if you try to be funny, they get pissed.

DFG officer: "Afternoon, sir. Have any luck in the harbor today?"

Cop: "Shut up. Sit on the curb and cross your ankles, keep your hands where I can see them!"

:EyePop: You've been arrested waaaaaay to many times dude!! :Razz::Big Grin:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-18-2010, 08:56 AM

hahahahahahah.....he got the protocal down pack...

Koontaj
08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Thats good. Stupid F#$%@# people. They know this and still do it. The sad thing is that the big load probably went through...Kinda like the drugs that come in to the US. They bust the small load and the mother load comes to my house....:Big Grin:

Swank909
08-18-2010, 10:39 AM

It's not his fault he looks like a thug :P

Sparky70
08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
$30-40K a year for a 4 year degree? No wonder the local DFG warden is miffed off all the time. :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

smokehound
08-19-2010, 04:14 PM
It's not his fault he looks like a thug :PYears of stress and anger and persecution tends to do that. :LOL:

Seriously though, i think the DFG is cool, except when they arent. Like that fat guy that broke that dude's rod.

castone001
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Interesting comments re: the DFG, im an avid upland game hunter, more so than fishing but have had encounters with various DFG folks along the way while pusuing both.

Most all of them,at least the greater majority, choose this profession NOT because the are rejects but for a true desire to help protect our wilflife areas for future generations. Hence size and number limits. Just think for a minute nor for a second, what it would look like without them. We would not be hunting or fishing because there would be nothing to hunt or fish.

To compare a DFG with Police officers is like comparing grocery baggers and filling station attendants similiar line of work yet completely different.

My hats are off and big thanks to the men and women who "Choose" this career knowing the salry sucks, the hours suck and yes at times they will be put in harms way dealing with a-holes who do not show the proper American respect and obey the rules. Those folks just like these that got caught will be weeded out from time to time.

Thank you DFG!

Oh and nope im not DFG or any enforcement agency.

Thanks for letting me say my piece.

Darius
10-24-2010, 11:08 PM
I support all Law Enforcement Officers, to be clear DFG wardens require a minimum of 60 college units not a 4-year degree like someone said. And to talk crap about a DFG warden in general what are you guys thinking these guys are trying to keep CA natural resources alive and well. So we have fish to fish and animals to hunt!

catfish 17
10-25-2010, 02:16 AM
$8,100?wow!!! i just can't imagine. So sad, but that's what they get.

jimlo1
11-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Went fishing at dana point last friday for mackeral for next hooping trip.....Game warden searched my mackeral bucket and ice chest when I came in.....they're checking.....i asked if he was looking for "bugs" he said yup.....

Sparky70
11-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Bet they won't do that again...Propley
asians. No respect for the DFG rules

Sparky70
11-11-2010, 07:47 PM
$30-$40 thousand a year? No wonder they are so miffed at U when they check ur lisence.
I get more than that just being retired. Thats not even $20 bucks an hour.

Señor.Chilax
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
:Dead Horse::Dead Horse:Ouch!
$900 per bug? Thats enough to make a dead man C*M......

$30-40K a year for a 4 year degree? No wonder the local DFG warden is miffed off all the time. :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

$30-$40 thousand a year? No wonder they are so miffed at U when they check ur lisence.
I get more than that just being retired. Thats not even $20 bucks an hour.

Wow! You obviously want people to know how much you make, so why is $900 per bug a lot for a wealthy person like yourself? :ROFL:

And what's up with the racist stuff? Don't be ignorant.

DockRat
11-13-2010, 06:46 PM

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/Sajeera/Vanguard/NPCs/Poacher.png I've seen Asian poachers, Whitey's too.
This one dude told me they would eat BSB at Avalon back when he lived there years ago.
That was after the the zero take law. He said in high school at Catalina they had a commercial lobster trap that they would set with a clear water bottle for a float.
Set it at sunset then pick it up pre dawn. All in view of the pier. I put a 'Turn in Poachers'
bumper sticker on his truck.:LOL: Oh yah, he is white. :Secret:

I heard of some dudes in Pedro set 2 commercial traps with a floating rope between them in a arch. Then they would every few days go to the spot with a pier gaff and hook it, pull up and unload bugs then re-bait.

SoCal man who allegedly poached lobsters apparently drowned by own trap

ASSOCIATED PRESS
11:27 p.m. March 2, 2004

HERMOSA BEACH – A fisherman suspected of poaching lobsters apparently drowned after he became entangled in the rope of one of his traps and was pulled overboard, officials said.

An autopsy for Mark Willey, 37, of Redondo Beach, was set for Wednesday, the coroner's office said.

Willey, whose unmanned boat was discovered running in circles early Monday morning, had been under investigation for poaching lobsters in a protected area off the South Bay, officials with the state Department of Fish and Game said.

"We've heard of his illegal activity for a while," department spokesman Steve Martarano said.

Willey's wife, Candace, said her husband fished six days a week and sold his catch to a local market and restaurant.

"He's been commercial fishing since he was 19 years old," she said. "He loved it. It was being out on the ocean, not being confined to anything."

She said authorities unfairly harassed her husband.

A friend of Willey called the Redondo Beach Harbor Patrol office at 5 a.m. Monday after seeing Willey's boat.

Harbor patrol officers searched unsuccessfully for Willey's body before attempting to tow the boat into the marina. When officers pulled up a line that appeared to be an anchor, they discovered it was attached to a 50-pound lobster trap – and tangled around Willey's body.

Authorities believe he was fishing at night for the lobsters, which is illegal, and keeping his lights off to avoid being caught.

"He was trying to conceal his purpose, to thwart the responsibilities of the Fish and Game Department," said Hermosa police spokesman Sgt. Paul Wolcott. "He paid the ultimate price in doing that illegal behavior."

fishnuv
11-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Good job DFG! Actually those really underpaid and overworked fish cops have to have a BS degree so I wouldn't say they are Sheriff/ PD rejects. And Smokehound, I wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths or maybe we will soon...I tried to make nice with you but you are a tool for sure!

smokehound
11-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Good job DFG! Actually those really underpaid and overworked fish cops have to have a BS degree so I wouldn't say they are Sheriff/ PD rejects. And Smokehound, I wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths or maybe we will soon...I tried to make nice with you but you are a tool for sure!So, you attempted to make "peace" with me, then go and dredge up an old comment then say "I tried to make nice with you, but you are a tool for sure!"?

That's not very "nice" of you. =)