PDA

View Full Version : 03-17-10 lagoon PB crappie twice over!!!! boat mission!!!

Ray Lopez
03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
So today i headed out for a 4 man 2 boat slay session.

Ended up catching one bass on the drop shot first thing in the morning.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0995.jpg

Then we worked north but the bass were not playing nice. I talked the guys into hitting this crappie zone i know of and BAM i end up catching a nice 2.1 pounder Woot NEW PB crappie!!!!!!

Then the other boat lands 2 nice fatty 1.5 to 2 pound slabs.

We moved south and hit a second spot i know of and the other boat left and we stayed and slayed more monster crappie. I ended up catching 4 crappie all 1.7 to 2.6 the 2.6 i caught ended up being the 2nd time i got a PB crappie. So our boat ended up getting 6 fish total with a bag limit being just shy of 12 pounds on my digi!!!! Nice 2 pound average!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_0997.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1007.jpg
the two biggest fish of the day!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/RayLopez/Fishing%20Photos/kdk_1008.jpg

gonna cook um up for a welcome home dinner for my future father in law since he's been away for 3 months in Virgina. He flies in right now!!!! I think he will be very happy to come back home to Cali with a nice fresh crappie taco night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic crappie day for me. Tons of missed bites. Had to switch to one pole since two was just too hard to manage!!!!!!!!

Hitts0n
03-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Now im going to organize a fleet and go to the lagoon and rape it !!
Congrats brotha!

lalo56
03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Nice! I have never tried the lagoon, i always go to the upper lake. Maybe i should give the lagoon a try. Thanks for your report.

pasadenafishin
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
nice report and crappie, whad u get them on?

Thisfool
03-17-2010, 07:43 PM
hummm i just might have to venture up there and test out all my new crappie gear

Bassnman Mike
03-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Very nice Ray. Nothing tastier than fried crappie!

M@M
03-17-2010, 08:03 PM
:EyePop:WOW!! AWESOME DAY!! Those are some nice slabs!!......I hear those are some of the BEST TASTING FISH!!!...I have not caught any YET...:Envious:......Your making me HUNGRY!........Does Future Father-in-law know that you are a FISHING ADDICT!!!!:LOL:.......

Fishbones
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
sick crappie slay brother.....great job....

wackyrigged
03-18-2010, 12:34 AM
what works for crappie nightcrawlers?never have caught one my freind got one on a rooster tail tho

fishntime
03-18-2010, 01:47 AM
No matter what the species, you seem to have the Goon dialed in.

LuvThymetal
03-18-2010, 02:47 AM
Lots of crappie, nice job !

Str8t Slabaronies
03-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Nice crappies...4 sho!

Kinda rare seeing a report this time of the year...crappie bites are not usually disclosed.

Congrats on the PBs!

Ray Lopez
03-18-2010, 07:52 AM
:EyePop:WOW!! AWESOME DAY!! Those are some nice slabs!!......I hear those are some of the BEST TASTING FISH!!!...I have not caught any YET...:Envious:......Your making me HUNGRY!........Does Future Father-in-law know that you are a FISHING ADDICT!!!!:LOL:.......
btw the crappie were damn good!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone at my house loved it. Also my whole family knows i'm a fishing addict hahahahahahahaaaaa. Future father in law is upset because he is too busy to take a day off for some much needed fishing time.

what works for crappie nightcrawlers?never have caught one my freind got one on a rooster tail thoWe were using crappie jigs. Can't say what or where since this site gives me too much crap when i post my detailed reports.

No matter what the species, you seem to have the Goon dialed in.
Thanks, it's just time on the water and networking with other fisherman to find what is working and where to use um. The slabzillas sure were fun tho!!!!!

Nice crappies...4 sho!

Kinda rare seeing a report this time of the year...crappie bites are not usually disclosed.

Congrats on the PBs!
Hence the reason i didn't show locations or the lure or the style i was using. I would of givin a much moire detailed report but once again this site i get alot of flak for putting others on fish. If people want to know they can PM me.

Trout-Chaser
03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Those are some awesome slabs, Ray! Thanks for the report and pics. Guess the luck 'o the Irish was with with you!

Ray Lopez
03-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Those are some awesome slabs, Ray! Thanks for the report and pics. Guess the luck 'o the Irish was with with you!
yup this Polish French Canadian Mexican had the luck of the Irish lol

Troutman65
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Nice going on the Crappie Ray :Envious:

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM
yup this Polish French Canadian Mexican had the luck of the Irish lol

hahahahahahahahahahaha....your too funny ray....lol

oscarbassman
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Never had Crappie before, I should try some.

nice fish!

Ray Lopez
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Never had Crappie before, I should try some.

nice fish!
you really should try some crappie!!!!

Everyone loved it. As a matter of fact my fiancee just told me again "Damn that crappie was really good last night."

It was my first time actually catching and keeping um and boy what a surpise. I can say i liked the crappie over striped bass.

Newfishsmell
03-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Awesome report Ray ...
Congrats

oscarbassman
03-18-2010, 06:48 PM

Everyone loved it. As a matter of fact my fiancee just told me again "Damn that crappie was really good last night."

It was my first time actually catching and keeping um and boy what a surpise. I can say i liked the crappie over striped bass.

that good? sounds delicious man, I am forsure going to have to give them a shot..

some lime & tortillas, pshh! awesomeness.

CL SmooV
03-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Nice feeesh ray

I'm goonin Sunday....!

Native Gal
03-18-2010, 10:04 PM
RayLo,
Nice PB's on those sweet Crappies. Your lil backyard fishing hole always produces for ya, Congrats, looked like good eating indeed.
Thanks for the post and pixs.

NG
:Big Grin:

Bass Attack
03-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Very nice.. Good eatin'! Thanks for sharing!

chuxder
03-19-2010, 08:25 AM

Ahhh, Yeah!

Fire Ball
03-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Beware of the parasites in the Lagoon crappie. :Shocked: Apparently lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites and stuff like that in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded with lots of fishermen. Just something that I heard.

Bassnman Mike
03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Beware of the parasites in the Lagoon crappie. :Shocked: Apparently lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites and stuff like that in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded from the crappie. Just something that I heard.

You said "lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites", Could you please share where some of the reports are because I tried Google-ing it and was unable to find any

Also you said"in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded from the crappie." the reason any lake gets crowded with crappie is because they are not being harvested correctly. Personally, I as well as many others, will keep spawning crappie because if you dont they can and will over run a lake, your statement of the goon getting "crowded with crappie" supports my statement. It was only a few years back that they even impossed a limit of 25 on them because of their over population.

Fire Ball
03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
You said "lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites", Could you please share where some of the reports are because I tried Google-ing it and was unable to find any

Also you said"in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded from the crappie." the reason any lake gets crowded with crappie is because they are not being harvested correctly. Personally, I as well as many others, will keep spawning crappie because if you dont they can and will over run a lake, your statement of the goon getting "crowded with crappie" supports my statement. It was only a few years back that they even impossed a limit of 25 on them because of their over population.

OOPS! Didn't mean to say crowded with the crappie, meant to say crowded with all the people! I didn't read it before I posted, lol. I don't know where you can find the reports, but you could probably contact the lake. Just what I have heard and it is just crappie basically, not other fish.

lalo56
03-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I call BS brotha Fireball.. I was going to go to the lagoon but decided to hit the surf with my buddy victor101.

Fire Ball
03-19-2010, 09:35 PM
I call BS brotha Fireball.. I was going to go to the lagoon but decided to hit the surf with my buddy victor101.

Ya, possibly BS. Idk though. I should go do some investigating, lol.

lalo56
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Its all good. Hitting the surf tomorrow since my bud vic coming down and then maybe i hit the lagoon Sunday.

cutbait
03-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Nicely done Ray! Pig crappie....

Crappie are good eatin

I prefer largemouth, but would never turn down a crappie

Ray Lopez
03-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Its all good. Hitting the surf tomorrow since my bud vic coming down and then maybe i hit the lagoon Sunday.
yea man i need to get back on the surf i heard from the grapevine that the leos are out in big numbers right now. I need to get more of them on my surf pole. They put up one hell of a fight. Plus i loaded up my hali gear too. It's just hard because the LMB heat up at the same time as the surf. But i think I'm gonna hit up mission beach this week since I'll be in SD for a few days.

Nicely done Ray! Pig crappie....

Crappie are good eatin

I prefer largemouth, but would never turn down a crappie
You enjoy eating bass over crappie???? lol j/k yea man i love catching LMB but them slabzillas are fun on UL gear.

P.S. I like my parasites breaded and fried!!!!!!!!!! lol

Fire Ball
03-22-2010, 10:12 AM
You enjoy eating bass over crappie???? lol j/k yea man i love catching LMB but them slabzillas are fun on UL gear.

The parasites give them extra flavor! :ROFL:
Crappie are definitely fun on UL gear and they don't give up and keep jumping and splashing until the very end.

keepemlo
03-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Cool hit 4 sun eve hey bro how do I post pics from phone?

cutbait
03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
No I prefer to eat a LMB over crappie

Bassnman Mike
03-22-2010, 06:48 PM

Ummmmmm, nothing tastier than breaded fried parasites!