PDA

View Full Version : Night Fishing at Redondo Pier

Simplyeman
03-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Anyone know how busy it gets at Redondo Pier at night?

fisherman from long beach
03-17-2010, 11:58 AM
now that its warming up.its gonna get busier.shoulder to shoulder.

murrieta angler
03-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Temperature at Oceanside last night was 69 degrees at 8:00.

Simplyeman
03-17-2010, 12:24 PM
really?? I am talkin' about like 10 pm until about 5 am this Saturday night.

BrandonFish
03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
well it will be less crowded then going in the daytime you should be fine

victor101
03-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Last year i went a few times....people start leaving around 8-9pm...I would get there around 9 and always found a decent spot.

shovelnose
03-17-2010, 06:49 PM
it's not so busy jet:Big Grin:
i was there on Sunday n' Saturday but not fishing just visiting a friend:Rolls Eyes:
since i like to fish during the day i get there a day before(Friday night @ 8pm stay Saturday all day until 8 pm)go home and get back on Sunday @ 8am till 8 pm again.:Embarrassed:

Simplyeman
03-18-2010, 02:52 AM
quite the trooper, I dunno if i can sit for that long and especially because I quit smoking.

Anyone know which side produces best I tend to always fish the South side of a pier. Fishing on the side of which the current moves away from the pier and onto shore.

West, East or North?

shovelnose
03-18-2010, 06:19 PM
quite the trooper, I dunno if i can sit for that long and especially because I quit smoking.

Anyone know which side produces best I tend to always fish the South side of a pier. Fishing on the side of which the current moves away from the pier and onto shore.

West, East or North?

all depends what you wanna fish for.
South is good for halibut and surf perch
:Secret::Secret::Secret::Secret:southwest @ the corner where i usually fish:EyePop:mackerel,live bait,bonito,trigger fish,sand bass,shovel nose,horn shark,sting ray,leopard shark ,etc,etc,ect:EyePop::Secret::Secret::Secret::Secre t:day time

northwest good for mackerel, Bonito n' Crabs
east god for halibut,surf perch, n' live bait(top smelt)

Simplyeman
03-19-2010, 01:17 AM
interesttttinggggggggg thank you sir........i will have a report sunday morning or afternoon or evening soon as i wake up lol

Simplyeman
03-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Seemed like the usual suspects. There was Mackerel throughout the night and many oversize crab. The weather was fairly cold and very damp with fog rolling in throughout.

There were things in the water that were moving at a very high rate of speed and jumping really high. It actually looked like a choreographed effort to catch something and they were not behaving like seals.

shovelnose
03-22-2010, 10:48 PM
There were things in the water that were moving at a very high rate of speed and jumping really high. It actually looked like a choreographed effort to catch something and they were not behaving like seals.
i was there late Saturday until Sunday
I forgot the time......... i saw it too.anyways they where...... Dolphins......BIG dolphins
fishing for............ i think it was Pacific Bonito or rely BIG :Shocked:BIG Mackerel :Shocked:
well well well i just got the only, the major,:Skunk: EVEEEEERRRRR:Big Grin: and a good show by the Dolphins

Simplyeman
03-22-2010, 11:17 PM
definitely a beautiful display, one of the dolphins must have gotten an easy 6 feet of air and back down.