PDA

View Full Version : Couple last trips to end the season

webmaster
03-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Took the Keilani out to the island for a couple last times before the season closer. Once on tuesday and again on saturday. Got easy limits both times. Tuesday was pretty knarly - there was a small craft advisory but we went anyway. :Rolls Eyes: Not too bad going out but coming back was crap your pants kind of stuff. Won't do that again.
Saturday was choppy and windy but a cake walk compared to tuesday. Our hot spot was already taken so we had to fish a spot further down the line but we still did good. Both times we got lots of "barely" shorts. They should all be legal by October...:LOL:

http://fishinghotpage.com/images/fnn/bug6.jpg

http://fishinghotpage.com/images/fnn/bug7.jpg

murrieta angler
03-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Nice Job Webmaster,
I think I enjoy the shot of your bench in the second picture the most...hehe
I used to roll that way.
Thanks for the shortie report and pics,
Robert

diamondbear
03-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Anytime you come home with bugs is a job well done , good eating thanks for the pics .

ahhvtec
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Last week waters were horrible! Matter of fact for the last couple weeks it was bad. Glad you guys made it back safely.

fisherman from long beach
03-24-2010, 07:09 AM
a nice report,nice lookin bugs.

webmaster
03-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Thanks all. This season has been a tuff one for me so I'm glad i was able to have a few productive trips at the end.

Nice Job Webmaster,
I think I enjoy the shot of your bench in the second picture the most...hehe
I used to roll that way.
Thanks for the shortie report and pics,
Robert

HaHA - that's my custom cutting board. Normally I fillet everything on the water, but not a good idea with the bugs.

Last week waters were horrible! Matter of fact for the last couple weeks it was bad. Glad you guys made it back safely.
Thanks Duc, I'm glad we made it back too. Would have been a shame to see the Keilani go down - especially with a full load of bugs in the hold!