PDA

View Full Version : * Everyone needs to read this *

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
PLEASE Check out this website -- www.spokeo.com (http://www.spokeo.com) - It's TERRIFING.... Has all your personal info, even pictures of your house and home phone number. You can have your info removed by clicking on the "Privacy" link at the bottom of the home page.People Search | White Pages | Phone Book | FREE!People Search | White Pages ...| Phone Book | FREE!

My Niece found this and this is messed up !! I removed my stuff. I recommend you all do the same
People Search | White Pages | Phone Book | FREE! (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.spokeo.com&h=75a5b2124617aee58d30ba52c66fd76c&ref=mf)
www.spokeo.com (http://www.spokeo.com)

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I really don't think there is a need for a photo of your house and address and other personal info. that is on these type of web sites . I was shocked to see a photo of my house on this web site . I took it off very quickly . It was a little hard to do but i WAs able to do it. I wonder how many other web sites have this kind of personal info out there ?

lalo56
03-16-2010, 02:58 PM
No information found of me.

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
No information found of me.

Good for you Eddie. Check it out for other family members and see if they are listed . Have them take it off if they are on there

evalrez
03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Sucks that ppl have easy access to others personal stuff. Google Maps also has a pic of your home, your neighborhood at that. There's also a website called ZabaSearch.com, pretty much the same thing as this Spokeo.com site.

Fire Ball
03-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm not on there, but my brother, mom, and dad are on there. I wasn't expecting to be on there because I am a minor, but my brother in younger than I am! I don't know how he is on there, lol.

BrandonFish
03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
im not on there either but most of my family is 0.o

EL_CHIDO
03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Damn, need to water my lawn...

Trout-Chaser
03-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Nothing is safe or sacred anymore. There is no true privacy anymore. If you fill out your information anywhere, even the most seemingly innocuous places, sooner or later it will end up on sites like this. The only way to stop it is to move way off the grid.

I found myself on this site--but they had my zodiac sign wrong, which means they may not have my birthdate.

I found my folks, but the picture of their house was wrong and it said they were in a 50 unit condominium.

It makes me wonder what these folks are really up to with this website...they could be phishing for information as they go along.

They don't make it easy to find out where to get your name removed either. To do so if you info is on there, click on one of the hot buttons and it will take you to the screen where you have to pay to get more info. Then scroll down until you see 'privacy' in really small print. You will need the URL from the page with your info to complete.

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I just wonder if you were shocked to see your info. on there like that ?

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Nothing is safe or sacred anymore. There is no true privacy anymore. If you fill out your information anywhere, even the most seemingly innocuous places, sooner or later it will end up on sites like this. The only way to stop it is to move way off the grid.

I found myself on this site--but they had my zodiac sign wrong, which means they may not have my birthdate.

I found my folks, but the picture of their house was wrong and it said they were in a 50 unit condominium.

It makes me wonder what these folks are really up to with this website...they could be phishing for information as they go along.

Most of the info was wrong but the photo of my house w/ the address triped me out and was right .

msos
03-16-2010, 04:45 PM
How do I remove my stuff from there?

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 04:49 PM

You go to the web site. At the bottom of the home page is some very small print. You want to click onto Privacy and follow directions to take info. off list. They want an email address so they can email you the last part of the process . You then find the URL code from your info. and copy it and past it to your windows broswer and it takes off there site.

cappo
03-16-2010, 04:51 PM

ya wtf. They have a wrong pic of me

BrandonFish
03-16-2010, 04:51 PM
shocked as could be

sansou
03-16-2010, 04:52 PM
It said the value of my house was in excess of $1M.

Is there any way I can sell it to them for their assessed value? ha ha ha!!

msos
03-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Thank you very much for this important info. I have just removed both of my personal property out of there.

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Msos, your welcome . I just thought people should be aware of this site and others like it and for them to get their personal info. off them .

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 05:05 PM
ya wtf. They have a wrong pic of me

Jaun, Did they have a photo of your house & address ?

Troutman65
03-16-2010, 05:09 PM

They must of accessed your house when the housing market was way up 4 or 5 years ago . I would think you would take your info . off this site Sansou .

Wingnut
03-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm not in there... that's because when you're in the Witness Protection Program, technically you don't exist. :LOL:

lalo56
03-16-2010, 07:20 PM

Really, right? Well when i search by our old home number which we dont have one now since we are all on cell phone. It states our property value is less when i know its alot more. I showed it to my co-worker and she was surprised that had that info on her. She saw it stated she was married... She said " Why didnt i know this" LOL

City Dad
03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
HOly Carp!!! There's info on there about me that people would need a phone book and google maps to find out!!! Now I'll never be safe;) the rest of the "information" they managed to dredge up on me is hee-larious...

personally, I wouldn't give the poop-heads who run those types of sites any aditional free adverstising... but that's just me.

and one more thing... judging by the only correct assumption in my profile, the corn chutes in charge of "privacy" policies at amazon.com are the real problem... back to the real-world book stores for me.

troutguy26
03-16-2010, 08:41 PM
i looked up a lot of people i kno and they were not on there..including me

GeordyBass
03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
WHEN TROUTMAN GETS DSL, It really does put him into OVERDRIVE!

lol

Apparently "Sun Valley" Doesn't exist so were fine lmao.

Fishbones
03-16-2010, 10:33 PM
i dont exist......hahahahaha yes...good buy credit card bills.......lol

rusty6
03-17-2010, 12:08 AM
it has my dad listed at EVERY adress we have lived in/where they are currently living...either that or my dad cloned himself and they are living at our old houses. Lucky for me being in college means im not a permanate redisdent anywhere i go so im not in there

smokehound
03-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Heheheh... im am NEENJA!

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Heheheh... im am NEENJA!

hahahahahahaha...,and your funny....LOL

Sierra_Smitty
03-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm apparently married, african american and have children. Talk about some life changing developments! lol!!!!

txcurry
03-20-2010, 03:40 PM
How many of us are on Facebook or MySpace? There's a ton of info that people put on the net without thinking and you know there are those people out there that are tallying all this info! This doesn't surprise me a bit. It wasn't 100% accurate but it was close!

Daryl
03-23-2010, 02:20 PM
You go to the web site. At the bottom of the home page is some very small print. You want to click onto Privacy and follow directions to take info. off list. They want an email address so they can email you the last part of the process . You then find the URL code from your info. and copy it and past it to your windows broswer and it takes off there site.

Or you just gave them your email address to add to their site.

Troutman65
03-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Or you just gave them your email address to add to their site.

Its an old email address . Thats the only way you can get your info. off thier site

guest007
03-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Troutman65, have you heard of the term "phishing"? Because you've just been caught. No offense, but there are hundreds of sites like this out there in cyber space, and now they have your e-mail address.
There is no privacy in the information age, try and stay off the grid as much as possible.