PDA

View Full Version : Who here on fnn worked on sportboats

Hometown
03-16-2010, 11:23 AM
I was checking out FISHBONES vid in the photo section an its pretty cool .But it got me thinking how many of us have decked or worked on sportboats over the years.I started off pinheading on the sportking when I was 12 years old and worked on many LA area boats till I was 25 and settled down and got married.Lets see there was the pronto ,rebel,ocean quest,explorer,fury,first string,monte carlo,mustang,sharp shooter and some I cant remember boy did I have fun the good old days.:Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

ghetto dad
03-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I was checking out FISHBONES vid in the photo section an its pretty cool .But it got me thinking how many of us have decked or worked on sportboats over the years.I started off pinheading on the sportking when I was 12 years old and worked on many LA area boats till I was 25 and settled down and got married.Lets see there was the pronto ,rebel,ocean quest,explorer,fury,first string,monte carlo,mustang,sharp shooter and some I cant remember boy did I have fun the good old days.:Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

Lol...thats where I started, with Jimmy on the Sport King when i was about that age...that and the matt walsh....I have worked the Sport King, Matt Walsh, Sea Sport, Coroloma, Grande, Outer Limits, Monte Carlo, Freedom, New Image, some on the Shogun, Explorer when Joe and Chris ran it, Toronado, The Victory, Tradition....i cant remember some either..lol..yeah man...those were GREAT days....

GD

Hometown
03-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Lol...thats where I started, with Jimmy on the Sport King when i was about that age...that and the matt walsh....I have worked the Sport King, Matt Walsh, Sea Sport, Coroloma, Grande, Outer Limits, Monte Carlo, Freedom, New Image, some on the Shogun, Explorer when Joe and Chris ran it, Toronado, The Victory, Tradition....i cant remember some either..lol..yeah man...those were GREAT days....

GDJim was a great fisherman and taught me so much about fishing but even more about being a man.RIP CAPTIAN

ghetto dad
03-16-2010, 03:38 PM
did you go to his service??? it was awesome man.....fire boats spraying water for him in front of the fish market.....

GD

Hometown
03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
did you go to his service??? it was awesome man.....fire boats spraying water for him in front of the fish market.....

GD

yea I was there I sat at the table with neils and paulis my dad tony I forget who else but it was very respectfull Pisano ,strauser,bruce,,watson,salas all gave great speaches from the heart Jim will be missed.RIP

Fishbones
03-16-2010, 10:46 PM
what up hometown and ghetto dad...i started off on the eldorado and put most of my 3+years decking on that boat but was lucky enuff to get a few days on the monte carlo ,islander ,cazadores "S.D 6pack" i really enjoyed it alot and even at 31 ive thought about going back for more....i loved it.....

bowler
03-16-2010, 10:58 PM
I helped out my cousin out on his boat it was called the Pier Point, which he was the cook on there his name was Mark. I only worked on my days off.

RngrAngler18
03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I also spent some time working on the Sport King, mostly mondays and tuesdays helping Lori Savino out. Good times on the old Sport King!

troutdog
03-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I put in a little work on a dive boat called the Charisma with Capt. Kenny Hess out of San Pedro, it had a sister boat called the Encore if I recall correctly out of SD. I had the chance to work the whole summer on it and always regret not doing so....

TD

Frenchy
03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
i worked on the newport bait barge and did a lil deckhanding on the tide change when it was outta daveys

ghetto dad
03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
yea I was there I sat at the table with neils and paulis my dad tony I forget who else but it was very respectfull Pisano ,strauser,bruce,,watson,salas all gave great speaches from the heart Jim will be missed.RIP

who is this???? your dad tony? whats ure name brother..pm me

what up hometown and ghetto dad...i started off on the eldorado and put most of my 3+years decking on that boat but was lucky enuff to get a few days on the monte carlo ,islander ,cazadores "S.D 6pack" i really enjoyed it alot and even at 31 ive thought about going back for more....i loved it.....

nice....

I helped out my cousin out on his boat it was called the Pier Point, which he was the cook on there his name was Mark. I only worked on my days off.

MARKIE!!!! hows that guy doing???

I also spent some time working on the Sport King, mostly mondays and tuesdays helping Lori Savino out. Good times on the old Sport King!

MANY good memories on that boat!!

I put in a little work on a dive boat called the Charisma with Capt. Kenny Hess out of San Pedro, it had a sister boat called the Encore if I recall correctly out of SD. I had the chance to work the whole summer on it and always regret not doing so....

TD

kenny is good people...

i worked on the newport bait barge and did a lil deckhanding on the tide change when it was outta daveys

good old tide change....lol

GD

bowler
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
MARKIE!!!! hows that guy doing???

GD

I do not know how he is doing i call him and he never calls me back. He was going to be in my wedding last year but he never showed up. He has a kid now.

FISHSTIX
03-17-2010, 10:55 AM
before I move out to Cali I lived in Fla., and spent my mid-teens to early 20's working on charter and party (cattle) boats out of Haulover marina.
Those were the days.....

Bradakas
03-17-2010, 03:06 PM
The Pierpoint, Blue horizon, GREAT times. Free food, Free fishing, and hard work. Coming home after a 14 hour day smelling like bleach and bait = priceless

MAVERICK27
03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Sounds like you all had a blast...but why so many different boats? Just go where the work was or did you end up on bigger boats?

Hometown
03-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Sounds like you all had a blast...but why so many different boats? Just go where the work was or did you end up on bigger boats?

I guess if you spend 15 years decking you will endup on many boats do to change of ownership better opertunities disagreements with capt or other crew etc....and most deckhands fill in on other boats when needed so I have worked at least a litlle on most boats in LA harbour peace

Fishbones
03-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I guess if you spend 15 years decking you will endup on many boats do to change of ownership better opertunities disagreements with capt or other crew etc....and most deckhands fill in on other boats when needed so I have worked at least a litlle on most boats in LA harbour peace

well said Hometown.....its more than a job.....its a lifestyle and way of life.......

Hometown, ghetto dad, bowler, RngrAngler18, Troutdog, Frenchy, FISHSTIX, Bradakas

You guys rock and are like brothers to me......Fishbones