PDA

View Full Version : Bad*economy=goodtimes

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-15-2010, 08:16 PM
we'll it's official, the economy is down the shoot..we can keep blaming ELECTED officals or run with it...so lace up your running shoes peoples..i am starting this thread for mainly the average joe on a budget looking to take the kids out and leave the wallet home, which is the whole country. you can drop tips on how to save a buck or to on a family outing...here's what i do on some of the puaina adventures if you have any that would help others out it would be cool to share but i do know how some peoples don't like giving things out about anything, which is still cool. this is to help people take there kids out on a cool budget.....

1:chino ciema saver....google this*it's $3 per kid under 12 and adults $4..before or after the movie we always go to SAMS CLUB for there hotdog specials $1.50 for a hotdog and large drink..a family of 6 all this would be under $40....
orange county has a $3movie theater in hounton beach and now opened again the one in anahiem on brookhurst and ball, we used to go there when we lived in stanton...
norwalk has a cinema saver and santafe springs....

Btw: anyone who has a moneysaver deal for a family to try would be cool to share with others, like i said just cause it's a bad*economy it dosen't mean you should stop taking the family out...goodtimes peoples..

really_drunk
03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
good lookin out B*G*H... we got a theater here in AZUSA thats like $5.50 for a matinee of new releases and there a 99 cent store in same shopping center so u can fill the wifes purse w/ goodies and the a Burger King there too so u can manhandle the 1$ menu w/ the kids b4 tha movie!! beats the hell out of the amc theater down the block thats like $10
a person

corner of route 66 (alosta) and citrus ave. in the city of AZUSA ca. 91702

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-15-2010, 11:34 PM
good lookin out B*G*H... we got a theater here in AZUSA thats like $5.50 for a matinee of new releases and there a 99 cent store in same shopping center so u can fill the wifes purse w/ goodies and the a Burger King there too so u can manhandle the 1$ menu w/ the kids b4 tha movie!! beats the hell out of the amc theater down the block thats like $10
a person

corner of route 66 (alosta) and citrus ave. in the city of AZUSA ca. 91702
thanx bro, tips like this will coe in handy for sure...

Manny
03-17-2010, 12:32 AM
We do the Van Buren drive-in off the 91 fwy in Riverside. $7 for adults and only $1 for kids. Same idea as you guys, order an extra large pizza from Costco for $9 and fill up the cooler with soda and a few beers ,pop open the back of my expedition and were set. We even take the pooch with us. They show all the new movies.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-17-2010, 05:14 AM
We do the Van Buren drive-in off the 91 fwy in Riverside. $7 for adults and only $1 for kids. Same idea as you guys, order an extra large pizza from Costco for $9 and fill up the cooler with soda and a few beers ,pop open the back of my expedition and were set. We even take the pooch with us. They show all the new movies.

jurupa isn't to packed either, i don't know if the prices are same but the pizza idea is gold, gotta try that when twilght i mean diehard 6 comes out.....

murrieta angler
03-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Well BGH,
Right now you can take the kids and wife out for some grunion, for the price of gas and license, then you get next days dinner with just a little work and the kids love it!
Robert

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanx robert, I have always seen the bucketeers at seal beach at nite doing the grunion run, always wanted to try it with the family. But we don't know how and what is needed..
Can you post a "how to" on here for others in the same boat..
Thanx in advance....

sansou
03-17-2010, 06:12 PM
You need a fishing license and a bucket. You use your hands.

It's done at nighttime (obviously check the grunion runs at grunion.org), so you could even call it "ninja" fishing, or whatever else sounds cute, err, tough and mean and gangsta and exclusive and scary!!.......:LOL:

Just messin' with you! It's good cheap fun, Murrieta Angler is totally on point!

lalo56
03-17-2010, 07:32 PM

It's done at nighttime (obviously check the grunion runs at grunion.org), so you could even call it "ninja" fishing, or whatever else sounds cute, err, tough and mean and gangsta and exclusive and scary!!.......:LOL:

Just messin' with you! It's good cheap fun, Murrieta Angler is totally on point!

Its good for the kids. I just hear its not good eats?

victor101
03-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Some of the best memories I have from being a kid are going to the beach, eating sammiches from the hielera, and fishing on the pier/breakwall with my pops, uncles, and cousins. Cant get any more economic than that...

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-17-2010, 11:13 PM

it's all good suzy, i wanna know how you go about getting them, i've seen people with them shifters and flashlights..?

DockRat
03-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Its good for the kids. I just hear its not good eats?

You know that if you assembly line the grunion with a scaler, a cleaner (sizzors, wack off head and slit belly) and a rinser.

Then dip in batter and deep fry they are pretty dam good. You eat the backbone too.

$40 for a movie for the family or a day at a beach or lake ?

Get back to nature and say NO to electrical powered short term stimulation. :Secret:
http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww131/amcken07/3D-movie-theater.jpg

Victor is right on with this statement.
03-17-2010 08:46 PMvictor101

Some of the best memories I have from being a kid are going to the beach, eating sammiches from the hielera, and fishing on the pier/breakwall with my pops, uncles, and cousins. Cant get any more economic than that...

Yep, The beach, jetty or lake is the way to go.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z239/Juani12611/normal_normal_normal_danboorup11449.jpg BAD

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/Kitkat8582/kpics116.jpg GOOD

FREE FUN !
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/yacht_conachair/moroccan-kids.jpg

DR

Jackalope
03-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Take your kids to the library. It's free (so long as you return your borrowed items in time), and besides books & other publications they offer music, movies/video, and even art exhibits. A lot of libraries are now offering e-Books/e-Media online, so if you have a computer, you don't even have to leave the house.