PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Lake

a321eric
03-15-2010, 02:29 PM
i was thinking about fishing the Dam area over at silverwood tonight...does anyone know if the LMB hit there?

spoon2610
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
dude i wanna go, but i gotta work :(

FISHINGBEE
03-15-2010, 06:03 PM
They are gonna move this ? to the ? board. Yes there is bass LMB and stripers at the dam mostly full moon shad busting at night. Tough day time spot wind blows straight at you. Lots of snaggs for jigging bass. Not my recommended spot. When the shad a re boiling there on. Catfish included ive seen them beach them selves on the rocks when chasing bait. Full moon no wind and shad are the key to catching the fish.

FISHINGBEE

RiPsTheLMB
03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
if you want some action fishing i would hit silverwood for sure. my pops usally sticks to the strippers there knock on wood hes never been skunked. the are some lunkers in there too trust! and if you want the LMB your in for a treat. swimbaits late afternoon early evning and top waters early morning just distory! have pulled out some scale worthy fish on more than a couple occacions . i usally stick to the home mades that tends to bring out those true hogs! bottom line if you want fast fun fishing i would try silverwood. ps trust me after clocking in countless years at the lagoon with not to much to show sometimes its nice to get a treat like silverwood to get that hope baack up!

seal
03-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Don't get too excited guys it's still a little early for LMB's and Stripers busting on the Shad (shad population has been down for a couple years, it's mostly Silversides recently). You can pick off the occasional LMB and the stripers are still there but deep. Give the water a month or 2 to warm before the action busts loose again. I hope I'm wrong and it get's better earlier, the LMB spawn was pretty late last year.

a321eric
03-16-2010, 02:29 PM
once the water starts to warm do you know any other decent places to try. miller possibly?

seal
03-16-2010, 08:07 PM
once the water starts to warm do you know any other decent places to try. miller possibly?

Big lake, stripers move around, too early to say where they will be.