PDA

View Full Version : Legg lake fishin mission

Fishbones
03-14-2010, 12:43 PM
headed to the legg for some bass fishing and sunshine....pulled up and saw the water running in the fountains
....good sign for sure...fished it for a while and missed 1 bite on a weedless hudd....damn it...
i walked on down for a while saw a catfish free swimming and continued to walk the lake where i meet
some good fishin buddys i havnt seen in 15+years...we continued to b.s for a bit and then headed down the lake
. i saw a funny thing that i really liked there were these pelecains atacking the cormorants everytime they would
come up from underwater the pelicains would dive bomb the cormorants and they would swim around them and
attack them....it was great....go pelicains..... and saw a 15+lb carp caught....that was cool. fished for a while more
with no luck and called it a day...from the reports of all the fisherman,....it seems to slowly starting to happen...
.till next time....fishbones
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0124.jpg
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_0123.jpg

carpanglerdude
03-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Wow, I didn't know Legg lake as that big, always thought it was just another tiny city park pond. Thanks for the pics.

Ifishtoolittle
03-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Saw that damn Pelican yesterday and another one. Fishing will be even worse if those things manage to breed. I mean it's already terrible that there are so many commorants now with Pelicans the fish won't stand a chance.

FishinElectrician
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I was there yesterday with my family, fishin for trout. Managed to get 1 trout fishin the west shore of the north lake, but no Bass... Saw those pelicans out there, too!

Met alot of guys willing to give up some good info on the lakes, too, which was cool, seeing as I dont go to Legg as much as Id like. Theres still alot of good Bass cover there.

One things for sure, its not the same lake I used to go to every other day about 10 years ago. I didnt even see any Bluegill or Redear, let alone Bass!!! Its so freakin sad, man.

ToadsToadsOnly
03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Whats going on fishnbones that was me you saw catch the carp nice talking to ya bro.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
03-15-2010, 12:45 AM
next time bones..at least your on the right track to find those lunkers...
http://milledrive.com/videos/32667/The_Warriors_1979_.html

Fishbones
03-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Wow, I didn't know Legg lake as that big, always thought it was just another tiny city park pond. Thanks for the pics.

yeah this pic is of the south lake....the biggest one of the three......you should hit it up some time....PM me when you do and i will meet you there..

Saw that damn Pelican yesterday and another one. Fishing will be even worse if those things manage to breed. I mean it's already terrible that there are so many commorants now with Pelicans the fish won't stand a chance.

i dont really see the pelicans do too much damage.....just atacking the comorants....which is a good thing...

I was there yesterday with my family, fishin for trout. Managed to get 1 trout fishin the west shore of the north lake, but no Bass... Saw those pelicans out there, too!

Met alot of guys willing to give up some good info on the lakes, too, which was cool, seeing as I dont go to Legg as much as Id like. Theres still alot of good Bass cover there.

One things for sure, its not the same lake I used to go to every other day about 10 years ago. I didnt even see any Bluegill or Redear, let alone Bass!!! Its so freakin sad, man.

yeah the west shore is the best trout spot....always has been...good job on the trout.....you got one....nice job......
yeah the bass are still there just over pressured and real smart...the lake deff isnt the same it was 10-15+years ago thats for sure...

Whats going on fishnbones that was me you saw catch the carp nice talking to ya bro.

What up ToadsToadsOnly......Nice carp bro once again....it was great watchin you get that carp and chatin for a bit....we gunna have to fish it together soon..

next time bones..at least your on the right track to find those lunkers...
http://milledrive.com/videos/32667/The_Warriors_1979_.html

thanks BIG*GAME*HUNTER.........love the warriors ......come out and plllaaaaayyyyyy

ScottyP
03-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey Fishbones, let me know the next time you're heading out there, I'll meet up with you for some bass fishing.
I've been out there a few times and always get the skunk at that lake.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Fishbones
03-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Hey Fishbones, let me know the next time you're heading out there, I'll meet up with you for some bass fishing.
I've been out there a few times and always get the skunk at that lake.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

cool ScottyP ....sounds good....

LuvThymetal
03-18-2010, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the report. Was gonna try Legg lake with my buddy but ended up going to casitas instead.

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the report. Was gonna try Legg lake with my buddy but ended up going to casitas instead.

legg lake is a good place to test your skills or break your b*lls and your fish catching streak.......but i still love it....

one day we will do a fishing event at Legg leke.....and that will be a good one for sure....lets see the skills show for them selves ..

CL SmooV
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM
legg is a tester.

im down for a legg event too bones.

ley me know if it goes down bones....

Fishbones
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
legg is a tester.
im down for a legg event too let me know if it goes down bones....

for sure...im gunna talk with some friends and mabye try and put together a event there...

LuvThymetal
03-22-2010, 03:14 AM
legg lake is a good place to test your skills or break your b*lls and your fish catching streak.......but i still love it....

one day we will do a fishing event at Legg leke.....and that will be a good one for sure....lets see the skills show for them selves ..

Yeah i see what u mean. I am pretty new to bass fishing, im still learing a lot. But im also down to go fishing at Legg lake for sure. Let us know.

4_D_ HALIBUT
03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't be too happy about having those pelicans around. The reason those Pelicans are punking the Cormorants is so they can steal any fish that they catch. The American White Pelican eats about twice as much as a Cormorant (up to 4Lbs of fish a day.) It could be a huge problem if those Pelicans decide to show up there in big numbers.

Fishbones
03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't be too happy about having those pelicans around. The reason those Pelicans are punking the Cormorants is so they can steal any fish that they catch. The American White Pelican eats about twice as much as a Cormorant (up to 4Lbs of fish a day.) It could be a huge problem if those Pelicans decide to show up there in big numbers.

thanks for the info..thats good to know...i was happy to see the cormorants getting punked by them.
there was only two pelicans hopefully they dont show in numbers..

beaner
04-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Fish bones don't go fishing with ToadsToadsOnly!!!
I repeat don't go fishing with Toads Toads Only.

Its never fun fishing wit that _ _ _ _ _ _ guy.

I'm just saying

Fishbones
04-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Fish bones don't go fishing with ToadsToadsOnly!!!
I repeat don't go fishing with Toads Toads Only.

Its never fun fishing wit that _ _ _ _ _ _ guy.

I'm just saying

really....what is he an axe murder or something.....

is it that he can fish like a champ???

ScottyP
04-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Headed to the Legg today for some bassin. Nothing on worms and jerkbaits, and I didn't see anything caught either.
If carp are your thing however; I'd get down there right away, big schools of large carp are in the shallows and they look pretty catchable.

beaner
04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
No he is not an axe murder, he just makes you feel bad every time. I don't know why but that guy just has to much luck when he is fishing, and to top it all off he starts talking about that he has skills.

yeah right!!!!

But go ahead and try it...

Fishbones
04-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Headed to the Legg today for some bassin. Nothing on worms and jerkbaits, and I didn't see anything caught either.
If carp are your thing however; I'd get down there right away, big schools of large carp are in the shallows and they look pretty catchable.

thanks for the report ScottyP, keep up the fight....there in there just picky... i plan on fishin the carp soon.

No he is not an axe murder, he just makes you feel bad every time. I don't know why but that guy just has to much luck when he is fishing, and to top it all off he starts talking about that he has skills.
yeah right!!!!

ok cool, ive meet him once as he was slaying a carp....dont be mad at toadstoadsonly, give him props and learn from him...
im down to fish with him....i got my own skillz too!!

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
04-29-2010, 02:49 PM

yeah right!!!!

Yeah, but does he have bow hunting skills?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wmParkppw

Fishbones
04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Hahahahahahhaha B.G.H.....goodone!

jerryG
04-30-2010, 02:36 AM
I would have to say the 2 white pelicans at Legg have very little impact on the fishery in comparison to the 100s (no exaggeration) of commerants that have made Legg Lakes their home.

The truth of the matter is Fishbones that both Beaner and Toads are both highly skilled anglers. Constant competion between these two has earned them both the reputation of being urban park hustlers. DO NOT LET THESE GUYS TALK YOU INTO FISHING AGAINST THEM FOR MONEY. They're hustlers and they work the local parks for unsuspecting anglers who think they got the skills it takes to beat them. They appear as sleepers but have no doubt they are wolves bro.

Beaner is a carp killer in is right. He makes a bait he calls Carparones'. All I know is the main ingredient is chicharrones. Carp candy for sure. Mr. whiskers loves Chicharrones too.

JerryG

beaner
04-30-2010, 01:16 PM
BIG GAME HUNTER if you only knew, yes that video is the truth about Toads Toads only, but i still don't know about "SKILLS". They sure don't look like skills to me. LOL

O no fish bones I will never mess with Juanito,he is one of my best friends, we've worked together, been to bars together, and as a matter of fact he is the tucker that named me Ron Jeremy.

Jerry g Carparones that is f funny man, can't pass that up.

Fishbones
04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
mabye if we train beaner and toads to be cormarant catchers we can take our lake back from the birds....lol
im down to fish with both of them.....mabye teach on old dog new tricks...lol

1. question for the locals...
does anyone know where the pile of sunkin boats is off the shore.......pm me for the answer...

beaner
05-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Bin there done that, just keep it on the low. Old dog, well if you say so.

Yes, just show up everyday and some one eventually will tell after a couple of c&r's are on the board.

Show up early Saturday and Sunday morning, meet by the bench where FLEX sets up.

O by the way FLEX is Larry, thats his name from now on. It is short for "Flex coat Larry"
I wonder why...........

Fishbones
05-01-2010, 12:47 PM
yeah old dog,..me! ....i use to hammer those lakes back in the day but now im a lil rusty...some WD40 should do!!!

any of you guys know camero john,rags,mikey,chino....is that the larry from back in the day?

im down to fish it up....whenever...

beaner
05-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Yeah WD-40 will do the trick.

And camaro John, yeah he is around, but lately I haven't seen him, its probably because of those " no smoking" signs they put up all over the park. that really sucks. Even Flex has to walk to the entrance to smoke a cig.

Hope to c ya there and fish.

Fishbones
05-02-2010, 12:22 PM
cool bro, im thinking tomorrow....you gonna be there?

beaner
05-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Monday no fish bones, but for sure next Saturday & Sunday,

If you show, just talk to FLEX and he will point you in the right direction.

Fishbones
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
aw damn...no worries, i work next sat&sun but lets slay em soon thow!

and whos flex??

beaner
05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Flex is Larry, it is short for Flex Coat Larry. Have him wrap you a rod and you now what I mean.

EL_CHIDO
05-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I'll be thr this Friday working the D/S :)

beaner
05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Around what time on Friday?

Fishbones
05-03-2010, 10:23 PM
im up for friday....when where....

EL_CHIDO
05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I'll be thr Friday afternoonish after my errands working the 3rd lake. I'll be flying my Lakers colors.

Fishbones
05-04-2010, 03:45 PM
word, mabye see you there......

jerryG
05-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah WD-40 will do the trick.

And camaro John, yeah he is around, but lately I haven't seen him, its probably because of those " no smoking" signs they put up all over the park. that really sucks. Even Flex has to walk to the entrance to smoke a cig.

Hope to c ya there and fish.

They really need to change those new signs to read "No Smoking In The Park....Except for Camaro John. It just doesn't seem right and although I don't smoke my self if it were up to me I would allow smoking in the park and replace the new No smoking signs with signs that say "Catch ane Release only on all bass" On the bottom it read "PLEASE! Drop a dime on all poachers to The DFG by Calling 1800 Cal-tip.

JerryG

beaner
05-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes Jerry you are completely correct, I agree with 100%