PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon hawg, more pics

Castaic's Finest
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
to respond to your question, yes it is a pic of a pic. For some reason my mom's camera( the camera I used when I went fishng, cause I couldn't find mine) wouldn't let me upload the pictuers. And the rig was a texas rig. Not a wacky rig. I don't know if you have ever caught a fish but the fish tore into the worm when I set the hook which happens all the time when you catch a fish. The bullet weight was no in the picture. I am sorry the post was kind of short, I was in a rush so I will give you guys some more details right now. Like I said before I used a texas rigged senko I think the color was indigo( It was a reddish brown) with red flake. 8 pound florocarbon line 6 1/2 bionic blade bass pro shops pole. Bass pro shops tournament special baitcast reel. 10 bearing. I ******* love that reel, I got it on clearance for $50 bucks. You cant beat that , a 10 bearing reel for $50 bones. Anyway I got a great cast out and on the third pop of the rod tip it bendo. I knew it was big because of the way the fish was bending my pole. It was easily the best fight of my fishing career. I was very scared because I caughtr it right by the lifeguard dock, and there are two brown wooden pulls sticking up ot of the water. And I was fising just to the right of the last of the two poles. And the fish was headed inbetween the two pulls so I thought I wasn't going to be able to land the fish, but I was lucky and got it from around the pole. I would get the fish semi close to the shore and then it would start peeling line over and over. It felt like I fought this beast for like 20 min, but it was probably 3 to 5 monutes, which is still a hell of a long fight. During the fight she didn't jump but she made a big splash at the surface. That was when I knew I had a hog because I saw her mouth. Well i almost ended up breaking an ankle because she had me running back and forth on the rocks. By the way why in the hell did they put all those rocks from the lifeguard dock all the way down to the fishing peir? I landed the beast and was so ******* excited I was just yelling and people who were launching their boats were looking at me like I was crazy until they saw the beast that I was holding. She was so heavy that I ended up switching hands while I was taking pictuers, and because her teeth cut thwe **** out of my thumb. After I released her I just sat down and smoked like 3 cigs in a row to calm my nerves. With that fish I was able to write off one of my goals in life which was to catch a 10lb bass. Now I am shooting for a 15 pounder. The 10 pounder took me 6 years of pretty solid fishing to complete that goal. If you put in the time and effort good things come

BIGBASS MB
03-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN DUDE, THE SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME WHEN I GOT MY DD LMB IT WAS OVER 15 LBS, MY HEART WAS RACING, I WAS PRAYING, WHEN I SHE CAME UP TO THE SURFACE AND SHOOK HER HEAD OUT OF THE WATER I SAW HER MOUTH AND THE HEAD , I KNEW THIS WAS NOT YOUR AVG FISH... IT'S BEEN 4 YEARS NOW.
but the memories are like yesterday.
congrats on your dd lmb and hope you get the next one soon...
MB

Ray Lopez
03-13-2010, 07:59 PM
right on dude that is one hell of a fish for sure. It's always nice breaking that DD Cherry!!!!!!!! Senkos are by far a great big fish plastic for sure. Seen loads of big bass come off those lures. Congrats bro.

AngryAgent
03-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Nice fish bro hopefully with many more to come:D

Fire Ball
03-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Very nice. Glad to see the full story and know that it is a picture of a picture. :LOL:

Anglerboi
03-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Great fish dude! Congrats! I hope one day i can hook into a fish like that and those senkos are great ....you never know if youll hook a 1-lber or like you a 10lber!

Trout-Chaser
03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Nice LMB! And what a great story of making your goal.

It sounds like most of the bass are being caught on plastics right now--is there a particular time of year or conditions when you switch to the crankbaits, etc.?

Castaic's Finest
03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Nice LMB! And what a great story of making your goal.

It sounds like most of the bass are being caught on plastics right now--is there a particular time of year or conditions when you switch to the crankbaits, etc.?

In regards to your question, "is there a particular time of year or conditions when you switch to the crankbaits, etc?" I have never caught a largemouth on a crankbait at the lagoon my whole fishing career. I have only caught them on plastics, swimbaits, jigs, and topwater baits, such as buzzbaits, frogs, poppers, and lure's like a zara spook. I forgot the exact name of those type of lure's. All I know is that bass will munch on plastics all year round. I have caught bass at the lagoon on plastic worms in every season year round. Hopefully that helps with your question. Good luck out there brother.

Castaic's Finest
03-17-2010, 01:23 AM
I just wanted to say thank you to all the you guys for giving me some great feed back, and giving me support with my sobriety. That is really cool of you guys. I really appreciate it, more than you guys know. Now that I am back fishing I will be posting a lot more and maybe I can meet up with some of you dudes for some good ol fishing at the Lagoon. If anyone ever wants to meet up and fish just let me know, because I am always availible. I only live like 2 miles away from the lake, so anytime just hit me up. Once again thanks for all the support you guys that is way cool brothers, way cool.

LuvThymetal
03-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Look at that beautiful bass. Really nice catch man and good luck on your 15 pounder.

Lucky Bassturd
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Really nice work. Nice fish, good spot. I got my 1st DD (11 lbs) fish in the same spot, along time ago.