PDA

View Full Version : Newport Harbor???

Deyymonayy
03-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey guys and gals,
I am new to fishing saltwater and can't help but get overwhelmed by all the tackle out there. I also ad knee surgery recently and am a bit limited as far as mobility is concerned. My question for all of you is what tackle should I buy for targeting spotties and anything else that bites in nph? and also, is there any relatively easy access spots for someone with a major limp and bad knees? Thanks for any nd all info I really appreciate it

hoytrecurver
03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
You can fish off of the numerous public boat docks. There are two near the ferry and one close to the jetty. There are others but not really sure where the others are located.

Jaysuuun
03-12-2010, 04:41 PM
You'll do fine with your basic freshwater bass gear: 6' 6" Length, medium action spinning or baitcasting whatever your preference is. I use 8-10lb line out there. You'll get more bites on 6lb line, but you'll get more break offs too. Spotties have some sharp teeth. :Surprised:

fisherman from long beach
03-12-2010, 05:24 PM
get you big hammers plastics,gulp alive minnows(my fave).drop shot weights,led heads.and you can fish all around the island.thats the very basic but very deadly for the spotties.