PDA

View Full Version : SARL today thursday3/10 personal best

troutslayer33
03-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Woke up at 4am and picked up a freind I havent seen in years who just got into fishing. The plan was for strippers at castaic but I feared the wind would be to much so I decided to go to Sarl after seeing the monsters they had displayed at the Fred Hall Show. (Forgot to bring my coupons, damn)

Arrived at the gate at 5.45 and was pleasantly supprised that the gate was open and made it in with lines in the water just past the bubble hole by 6am. Started out with an assortment as we each fished two rods. Garlic p/b, salmon peach p/b, nightcrawler doused in garlic oil and one "top secret/ experemental" bait. With in ten minutes my buddy had his his first 1.6 lber on and the day was looking good. .........They had just stocked today, I heard but didnt see the truck myself. Six hours go by and not another bite, a couple fish here and there for the people farther up the cove maybe 3 total. Decided to move even though we had the prime spot right by the fence at the hole so i made our way to chris's pond and set up on both sides of the pipes. an hour goes by and were getting hungry and ran out of beer so we decide to call it a day. As im reeling in a night crawler, BENDO!!!!!!!
the fish went wild he refused to be caught. 10 minutes of finess fishing (didnt want to break him off the 2lb line) and him runing in the pipes and he finally tires out. Let me say this was the best fighting trout i've caught this decade!!!!! Turns out to be a 4.25lb rainbow, my pb for the past few years. Gave it another hour after the adrenaline rush for nothing else and called it a day. All in all a good day, great weather, great conversation and made a few new freinds. I'll definately be back, even though I was cussing the place out with another skunk until the bite came.:EyePop:

Seņor.Chilax
03-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Good job out there man! Don't let the skunk bring you down! Congrats on the P.Best.