PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Vanish Florocarbon (vs) Berkley 100% Professional Grade Florocarbon

TaperSteve
03-11-2010, 10:36 AM
I usually use Vanish for a leader and sometimes as mainline. Out of all the other floro lines ive tried Vanish is my favorite. Ive never tried the Professional Grade but I just ordered a couple spools to try it out as main line for trolling for trout. Does anyone use either of these 2 lines at all? If you've tried both which do you like more and why?

Taper

Seņor.Chilax
03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Whats up TaperSteve? I haven't tried the Professional Grade one. I also use the Vanish one for a leader. But I wouldn't know which one works best... I'm not that experience... YET! hahaha. So am I gonna see you out there this Saturday or what?

AmBASSador
03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
The professional grade is all around much better. It has way less memory to it so you don't get near the line twist that you do with vanish and double the strength. In my opinion vanish is crap. I have lost too many bass because of vanish breaking. I am sure you will see the difference with 100% flourocarbon. You should try Seaguar invisix next. Good luck!

fishinone
03-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I tried Vanish on a spinning reel and didn't like it. It twisted up, a lot.

I use vanish 6 and 8 lb all the time for leaders. It works great for that.

TaperSteve
03-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanx for all the input so far. I just got the 2 spools I ordered in the mail today. I havent put it on the reel yet, but I plan on doing it tomorrow and trying it out at the Berkley Cup this Sat at the Vine. Then after the BC ill be heading out to Laughlin for the night and might try to fish the CO River Sun. Ill post up early next week with my vote on which line I like more and why.

TaperSteve

P.S. - Chilax, I sent you a PM.

Fire Ball
03-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I like Vanish... until I started using Seaguar InvisX and now I think the Vanish is crap! I will never buy it again! :ROFL:

TaperSteve
03-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Ill have to try out the Seaguar InvisX next time.

TaperSteve

AmBASSador
03-12-2010, 08:19 AM
I like Vanish... until I started using Seaguar InvisX and now I think the Vanish is crap! I will never buy it again! :ROFL:

LOL! Seriously...Huge difference!

GeordyBass
03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I've used 4-12lb vanish and not impressed. I like SeaGuar InvisX way more... Triplefish fluorocarbon is good too.

AmBASSador
03-12-2010, 02:25 PM
If you are fishing heavier cover or a rocky area go with Seaguar Abrazx. Just like Invisix, a little more $, but higher abrasion resistance. Just FYI...

bsp
03-12-2010, 02:44 PM
From personal experience, Vanish tends to vanish once you've hooked a nice fish...

Fire Ball
03-12-2010, 05:32 PM
From personal experience, Vanish tends to vanish once you've hooked a nice fish...

Haha! :ROFL:

colaiza1965
03-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I love Vanish because I can cast farther and I use a palomar knot which can really hang on (2# caught a 3.14 @Irvine lake) to the fish. I am wondering about "Fireline Crystal"?

Fire Ball
03-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I love Vanish because I can cast farther and I use a palomar knot which can really hang on (2# caught a 3.14 @Irvine lake) to the fish. I am wondering about "Fireline Crystal"?

Fireline Crystal is some kind of super line, not fluorocarbon, so it is going to be fairly visible. I'm not sure how visible it is compared to braid though, but I think you would still need to use a leader for most things with it. Anyone use it before?